TV takes 2 of 3 at Arby's

tvp

Twin Valley won 2 of 3 games at the Arby's Classic. They beat Greeneville, TN today 45-39.

Not a bad showing from the Panthers. I think we all know that the Arby's is no joke in terms of competition. The Panthers should be tough the rest of the year. Playing these teams early should be great experience and make them tough to beat.

Twin Valley won 2 of 3 games at the Arby's Classic. They beat Greeneville, TN today 45-39.

Not a bad showing from the Panthers. I think we all know that the Arby's is no joke in terms of competition. The Panthers should be tough the rest of the year. Playing these teams early should be great experience and make them tough to beat.

Great win by the Panthers! Greeneville assisted in their own demise by playing a perimeter game the fourth quarter after getting TV in foul trouble. The only negative was when TV head football coach Trigger showed up at the game in a purple jump suit type thing. He looked like a cross between the fat Elvis and Barney the dinosaur. It didn't take him long to take that outfit off.....I think the BTPD threatened to cuff and stuff him.

ARBY’S CLASSIC: Horne Guides Panthers To Consolation Victory

By Allen Gregory

Sports Writer / Bristol Herald Courier

Published: January 1, 2009

BRISTOL, Tenn. – Garrett Horne began his basketball education in kindergarten.

After grasping the basics of dribbling and shooting, Horne accepted some advanced teaching in the fourth grade with some of his buddies. The results of their study were evident

Wednesday at Viking Hall.

With Horne directing the offense, the Twin Valley Panthers won the consolation game of the Arby’s Classic with a 45-39 decision over Greeneville.

The 5-foot-9 Horne supplied seven assists, and continually set up 6-1 forward Josh Smith (21 points, 8 rebounds) with crisp entry passes.

“We’ve all played together, practiced together and gone to camps over the years,†said Horne, a three-year starter at point guard. “At this point, we just know what to expect from each other on the court.â€

Smith confounded larger defenders throughout the tournament through smart positioning, quality footwork and hustle.

“Josh is a beast inside. He’s worked on his game all off-season, and he had another great game today,†Horne said.

According to Smith, it pays to be alert when Horne has the ball.

“After you’ve been hit in the face a few times with passes, you learn to keep your eye on Garrett,†said Smith, who made 10 of his 11 field goal attempts. “He just has the ability to zoom the ball right to you.â€

Greeneville never solved the 2-3 zone defense of Twin Valley. The Greene Devils shot 26 percent from the field, connecting on just one of sixteen three-point attempts.

“Both teams kind of struggled, but we were able to hit some big shots in the last few minutes,†Twin Valley coach Brian Moore said.

Twin Valley fans have come to expect clutch performances from their floor leader. Horne rushed for over 1,500 yards in football this fall despite missing all of his junior season after tearing the ACL in his knee in basketball camp.

“I had to go through three months of hardcore rehab, but I was able to get back in time for basketball,†Horne said.

The Panthers advanced to the Group A, Division 1 state semifinals last season. Horne, who averages six assists per game, has worn a brace on his knee the past two seasons.

Life has many choices---eternity has two

Great win by the Panthers! Greeneville assisted in their own demise by playing a perimeter game the fourth quarter after getting TV in foul trouble. The only negative was when TV head football coach Trigger showed up at the game in a purple jump suit type thing. He looked like a cross between the fat Elvis and Barney the dinosaur. It didn't take him long to take that outfit off.....I think the BTPD threatened to cuff and stuff him.

haha that wasnt coach crigger.. That was RAY JONES in his purple baltimore ravens jersey.. and if you pulled that jersey up you'd see a Garden Dragons T-shirt haha

haha that wasnt coach crigger.. That was RAY JONES in his purple baltimore ravens jersey.. and if you pulled that jersey up you'd see a Garden Dragons T-shirt haha

I don't think it was the Master of the Dragon Defense, the infamous Raymond Butch Jones. If it had been him, folks would have mistaken him for Ray Lewis with his muscles and all. It had to be football coach 'Barney Elvis Crigger' because I heard him say that next years team was going to be decked out from head to toe in purple, even down to the jocks.