Old News, but UVA Upset GT Sunday Night

Deleted Account

Well, how's this for the predicted 12th-place team in the ACC? A fired-up Virginia team won its first road OT game in 13 years, and first ACC road opener in 14 years, with the 88-84 OT win Sunday night. I got to watch the 2nd half of this game, and I saw something in that game that I've only seen once from this basketball team before: the heart and grit to not give up when they fell behind late. The other time? 2006-2007, the NCAA Tournament team. I know that this isn't the fate for the Cavaliers this season, and I'd be shocked if they finished with a winning record. But when your three biggest producers are 2 juniors, 1 sophomore, and 3 freshmen, the future sure looks bright. Especially winning games like this, this early.

Big win for UVA although I think any win is a big win in the ACC for most teams...

This is true. Wins are precious in this conference if you don't wear some shade of blue. Our next ACC game is against the Hokies on 1/10. Going 2-0 to start out would do wonders for Virginia's morale with players THAT young.

Awsome start to the ACC season for UVA, a start not expected in any ones predictions....It has not been in the Wahoo nature to win road games in the ACC....and after they stunk it up in the firrst half with Xavier, to come back in the 2nd half and compete really showed me this "young" team has the potential...maybe not this year, but the years to come should be exciting.....you never know though....a young team can sometimes grow up real fast...especially in the BEST Basketball Conference in the nation. Playing the best night in and night out really makes a big difference then just playing a good team every once in a while.....choke choke..SEC....PAC 10....Big 10

Go Wahoos

when did UVA go to the Big East???

He said the best conference, not second best. The ACC's best team is better than the Big East's best team and the ACC's bottom teams are better than the Big East's bottom teams. The Big East's middle teams are better than the ACC's middle teams. However, from top to the very bottom the ACC is the best conference in college basketball just has it has been for decades.

however are you kidding me seton hall is one of bottom dwellers and beat tech by i think more than 15 or so....I do agree Carolina is best team in nation bar none but as far as conference this year no way once again tourney time will show I guarantee...guarantee big east once again has more tourney teams maybe record 9 or 10 teams. Carolina will win National Title though.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

They have more teams thany anyone by 4. You would have to go by percentages to see who gets more truly.

I thought the BE was better this year earlier, but now im not so sure with the rise of Wake. Anyways, you cant tell so early in the season when most teams arent playing anyone...

however are you kidding me seton hall is one of bottom dwellers and beat tech by i think more than 15 or so....

VT lost to Seton Hall by 4, 77-73...they also beat St. John's by 14, 81-67...

Awsome start to the ACC season for UVA, a start not expected in any ones predictions....It has not been in the Wahoo nature to win road games in the ACC....and after they stunk it up in the firrst half with Xavier, to come back in the 2nd half and compete really showed me this "young" team has the potential...maybe not this year, but the years to come should be exciting.....you never know though....a young team can sometimes grow up real fast...especially in the BEST Basketball Conference in the nation. Playing the best night in and night out really makes a big difference then just playing a good team every once in a while.....choke choke..SEC....PAC 10....Big 10

Go Wahoos

Very nice post!

UVA's the poster-child for having a young basketball team. Go on the road and beat a much more talented rival, and then look completely lost in the first half of the next game, and then fight back to respectability in the second half. Landesberg is tied for 1st in the ACC in points per game. As a freshman. It gives me hope for the future of this team, especially with Spurlock and Evans coming in next season to shore up the 3-4. This team could be SCARY come 2010-2011, if all the pieces fall into place. And I'm not talking about a Sweet 16...

And...

however are you kidding me seton hall is one of bottom dwellers and beat tech by i think more than 15 or so....I do agree Carolina is best team in nation bar none but as far as conference this year no way once again tourney time will show I guarantee...guarantee big east once again has more tourney teams maybe record 9 or 10 teams. Carolina will win National Title though.

Big East: 16 teams

ACC: 12 teams

Hmmm...which conference is more likely to have the most tournament teams?

Doesn't mean that one's better, though. UVA beat South Florida...

Big East: 16 teams

ACC: 12 teams

Hmmm...which conference is more likely to have the most tournament teams?

Doesn't mean that one's better, though. UVA beat South Florida...

I made my point last year about these two conferences. Most years the Big East has several "gimmie" games while the ACC rarely does.