Expelled!

bucfan64

I highly recommend a viewing of the recently released DVD EXPELLED, this documentary, by Ben Stein, does an excellent job of showing how the scientific community in America and throughout parts of the world supress opposing viewpoints and discourage healthy debate regarding Intelligent Design.

You will not be disappointed check it out!

I highly recommend a viewing of the recently released DVD EXPELLED, this documentary, by Ben Stein, does an excellent job of showing how the scientific community in America and throughout parts of the world supress opposing viewpoints and discourage healthy debate regarding Intelligent Design.

You will not be disappointed check it out!

I may very well do so, and Ben Stein is probably in the Top 3 of most articulate conservative voices in America today. Truly is.

As far as Intelligent Design goes, I'm a firm believer in it. Three main reasons.

First, I believe unequivocally that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and the Bible said God made the Heavens and the Earth.

Second, I've never heard a satisfactory pure scientific explanation about how life originated in the first place. Every laboratory attempt to create a functioning single-celled organism, much less a genome, from free-flowing proteins has been unsuccessful, and there have been painstaking attempts to do so.

Third, I've never heard a satisfactory pure scientific explanation about how the Big Bang theory occurred. Sure, I know the what about its occurrence: all the mass in the universe was condensed into an infinitessimally small space, the explosion, the massive heating and cooling with expansion, etc. However, the laws of physics declare that once an area obtains a certain density, it collapses into a point of singularity. More or less, it creates a black hole. This is the exact opposite of an explosive expansion, especially with all the mass in the universe. The laws of physics and the Big Bang Theory (as I understand it) are scientifically incongruent.

If anyone would like to justify #2 and #3 to me, I'm all ears. A fair warning: I've taken college astronomy and AP Biology, and I haven't found the answers there. And I made As in both sets of classes.

As far as Intelligent Design goes, I'm a firm believer in it. .

First, I believe unequivocally that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and the Bible said God made the Heavens and the Earth.

The following site is "chocked full" of science and intelligent design articles .....not being an overly science leaning person....it is still a very interesting site ...especially when it validates my faith.

http://www.creationsafaris.com/crev200812.htm#amazing546

Water, Water Everywhere 12/21/2008

Dec 21, 2008 — A press release from the Max Planck Institute says that water has been detected at a distant quasar 11.1 billion light-years away – the farthest detection of water yet. “The water vapour is thought to exist in clouds of dust and gas that feed the supermassive black hole at the centre of the distant quasar,†the press release said. Because of gravitational lensing by a foreground mass, the team was able to make “this remarkable discovery.†A co-author of the paper explained what this means: “This suggests that the water molecule may have been much more abundant in the early Universe than first thought, and can be used for further research into supermassive black holes and galaxy evolution at high redshift.â€

This gives new meaning to the preamble in Psalm 148:1-5, “Praise the LORD from the heavens; Praise Him in the heights! ... Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him, all you stars of light! Praise Him, you heavens of heavens, and you waters above the heavens! Let them praise the name of the LORD, for He commanded and they were created.â€

The following site is "chocked full" of science and intelligent design articles .....not being an overly science leaning person....it is still a very interesting site ...especially when it validates my faith.

http://www.creationsafaris.com/crev200812.htm#amazing546

Water, Water Everywhere 12/21/2008

Dec 21, 2008 — A press release from the Max Planck Institute says that water has been detected at a distant quasar 11.1 billion light-years away – the farthest detection of water yet. “The water vapour is thought to exist in clouds of dust and gas that feed the supermassive black hole at the centre of the distant quasar,†the press release said. Because of gravitational lensing by a foreground mass, the team was able to make “this remarkable discovery.†A co-author of the paper explained what this means: “This suggests that the water molecule may have been much more abundant in the early Universe than first thought, and can be used for further research into supermassive black holes and galaxy evolution at high redshift.â€

This gives new meaning to the preamble in Psalm 148:1-5, “Praise the LORD from the heavens; Praise Him in the heights! ... Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him, all you stars of light! Praise Him, you heavens of heavens, and you waters above the heavens! Let them praise the name of the LORD, for He commanded and they were created.â€

Thanks for sharing this website! Definitely some fine reads there, and I'll examine them at more length in the future.

And those verses from Psalms definitely ring true here. It reminds me of another quote, from Genesis 1:6-"And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BEAVERTAIL

Wow. What an informative movie. Im definitely gonna have to research more into this movie, but so far all information has been proven true.

If you all think science isnt being affected by politics and higher ups... think again.