Mountaineers WIN

fieldgeneral

WVU controlled the entire game tonight and proved to be the tougher team. Georgetown has some tools, but they were just off shooting and as a team tonight. They won every aspect of the game that was on the road, a tough task against a top 15 team. Da'Sean Butler had 27 points and 8 rebs. WVU has a tough schedule with Pitt twice #4 , Syracuse #8, Louisville #12, St. Johns, Providence, Villanova #21, and Notre Dame #19. Including tonights game that is 7 out 9 games against top 21 teams. That's brutal. 5 of those are at home. 3 of which are ranked.

and I like their unis Gman lol.

tough schedule??? shew that schedule is brutal!! t/n was a big win for our hoops program, i think our young freshman/sophs are startin to grown up a lil...its a great night to be a mountaineer!! Now, who wants to help me burn some couches??

tough schedule??? shew that schedule is brutal!! t/n was a big win for our hoops program, i think our young freshman/sophs are startin to grown up a lil...its a great night to be a mountaineer!! Now, who wants to help me burn some couches??

I got the gasoline and I know where there is a couch out by a curb to use lol.

told the wife to get rid of them and still have not...nice win but lets put it in prespective...14 wins is a long way from anything...7 out 8 ranked opponents ahead so look for more bruises ahead, but like I said win the ones we are supposed to and get two more like this we are good to go...What a dunk by ruoff!!!!!

told the wife to get rid of them and still have not...nice win but lets put it in prespective...14 wins is a long way from anything...7 out 8 ranked opponents ahead so look for more bruises ahead, but like I said win the ones we are supposed to and get two more like this we are good to go...What a dunk by ruoff!!!!!

The dunk was fing amazing! Heck of a drive. I expected a layup to be honest. He needs to do that more often when the outside isn't falling. DaSean is the man. As long as he stays out of foul trouble, we are ok. The next few games are tough and going .500 will be success in my mind for such a young group. Did anyone see that we are allowing the least amount of points in the BE? That will help down this long stretch.

Butler puts up 27 in West Virginia's upset win over Georgetown

Jan. 22, 2009

CBSSports.com wire reports

WASHINGTON -- So West Virginia is the ninth-best team in the Big East? If so, that's going to be some tournament at Madison Square Garden in March.

Da'Sean Butler scored 27 points, a relentless defense forced 19 turnovers and the Mountaineers knocked hard on the door of the conference's eight ranked teams Thursday night with a 75-58 win over No. 12 Georgetown.

In a game in which nearly every basket was hard-earned -- and steals were sometimes canceled out by quick counter-steals -- Butler stood out by going 11-for-18 from the field. The Mountaineers shot 58 percent in the second half, while the No. 1 scoring defense in the Big East limited the Hoyas to 33 percent shooting after the break.

ANSWER YOU CELL PHONE HONKY!

Butler puts up 27 in West Virginia's upset win over Georgetown

Jan. 22, 2009

CBSSports.com wire reports

WASHINGTON -- So West Virginia is the ninth-best team in the Big East? If so, that's going to be some tournament at Madison Square Garden in March.

Da'Sean Butler scored 27 points, a relentless defense forced 19 turnovers and the Mountaineers knocked hard on the door of the conference's eight ranked teams Thursday night with a 75-58 win over No. 12 Georgetown.

In a game in which nearly every basket was hard-earned -- and steals were sometimes canceled out by quick counter-steals -- Butler stood out by going 11-for-18 from the field. The Mountaineers shot 58 percent in the second half, while the No. 1 scoring defense in the Big East limited the Hoyas to 33 percent shooting after the break.

ANSWER YOU CELL PHONE HONKY!

Great lines......

OK cracker.

Congrats to WVU...huge win of G'town...that one player had an awesome break-away, two-hand jam...

This win and VT's win over WF show just tough both of the ACC and BE really are...any team can win on any night...

Congrats to WVU...huge win of G'town...that one player had an awesome break-away, two-hand jam...

This win and VT's win over WF show just tough both of the ACC and BE really are...any team can win on any night...

good post. The ACC is much improved this year. I'm still biased on the BE and think they are the tougher conference, but I like ACC bball. I grew up watching the ACC and the BE. I love the fact that the whole state of NC is loaded with bball talent. It made for great ACC tournaments in Grennsboro or Charlotte, just stinks that it moves around now.