Dogs

Fighton_3

Anybody on here in the business of breeding dogs? I just recently bought a blue fawn male pitbull and plan to buy a female within the next year or so and was just wondering if anybody was into these kinds or have any of these dogs like pitbulls, presa canario's, cane corsos etc.

If anybody knows where to get a blue fawn female with papers, PM me.

my dad is starting to breed German Shepherds. he is buying a all black Female. $$$$ its registered and about 8 weeks old not sure when he is going to pick it up. we also already have a full breed German Shepherd

While I have a lot of dogs and have a very good working caliber german shepherd from czech border patrol lines, I've never bred dogs, to many dogs in shelters for me to consider it, most of mine were strays anyhow. I do like having at least 1 working caliber dog though for the protection aspect though, preferably a german shepherd.

Nothing wrong with responsible breeding in my opinion though.

I've been very interested in having a cane corso to though and actually bought 1 about 3 years ago but it passed away as a pup before it was ever shipped from something. Never sought to buy another because after that that was when I reenlisted back into the national guard to deploy. Very interesting and formidable breed though.

I'd be cautious with presas though, from what I've read they require some major training to make certain you can control them and can be some of the more dog and animal aggressive breed there is.

my cane corso pup who never made it here

ccorso.jpg

While I have a lot of dogs and have a very good working caliber german shepherd from czech border patrol lines, I've never bred dogs, to many dogs in shelters for me to consider it, most of mine were strays anyhow. I do like having at least 1 working caliber dog though for the protection aspect though, preferably a german shepherd.

Nothing wrong with responsible breeding in my opinion though.

I've been very interested in having a cane corso to though and actually bought 1 about 3 years ago but it passed away as a pup before it was ever shipped from something. Never sought to buy another because after that that was when I reenlisted back into the national guard to deploy. Very interesting and formidable breed though.

I'd be cautious with presas though, from what I've read they require some major training to make certain you can control them and can be some of the more dog and animal aggressive breed there is.

my cane corso pup who never made it here

ccorso.jpg

What a bummer. That would have been a beautiful dog man. I can understand the dog and animal agressive thing, this blue fawn is at everything's throat. Everybody tries to tell me he is playing, but it's obvious what he's trying to do haha. I'll break him of it soon though, after all, he's only ten weeks old. He absoultely loves people too, which is a great thing.

I thought about getting a presa for a while now but shy'd away from it because I had only trained a semi-agressive dog. Realizing what a jump it would be to a presa, I decided to get the blue pit. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

You'll have yours hands full with puppy whatever it is, a pit bull I've never had but there was a black girl 1 at the humane society years ago who was really sweet that I wanted, I'm certainly you'll have your hands extra full with that to. Don't forget though sometimes a lot of their destructive habits come from having a lot of energy and needing something to do, not just talking about puppies but working dogs overall. A working caliber german shepherd for example needs something to do, it's not in their nature to just sit around, so keep them very active and exercised and that will make things a lot easier. Looking forward to the photos.

He looks like a really good dog, did you get him from around there? What did you name him?

He came from Charlotte and his name is Ice because of those icey blue eyes haha Any tips on how to keep him away from trying to go at other dogs throats buzzsaw??

He came from Charlotte and his name is Ice because of those icey blue eyes haha Any tips on how to keep him away from trying to go at other dogs throats buzzsaw??

That's a cool name and fitting to. As for the fighting, I guess a big question is is it really aggression or could it be a puppy playing, I know puppies play fight a lot, I know you had suggested you really thought it was more than playing, but that's a big question. But honestly I've never had a dog that had fighting instincts so I wouldn't really know what to tell you aside from making certain you're in charge from the start, that's sound advice for any strong willed breed, that's a must, but beyond that I'd read online or talk to other pit bull owners, the good and responsible type of owners, and see what they say, I'm certain there's lots of sights for people who breed them or have them.