Abingdon got crushed on Saturday

region4fan

Abingdon lost 4-1 to Northside and were down 4-2 to Salem when I left on Saturday at the Cave Spring Jamboree. I seriously doubt they will win the Southwest District unless they get ALOT better.

Abingdon probably is the best, or near the best, of the SWD. So, at the risk of offending someone, let me state the obvious. The SWD is the weak sister of Region IV for soccer. All of the arguments about who is #1 in the SWD is sort of like fighting over who is the world's tallest midget.

abingdon had only had four practices before the jamboree...

So did everyone else. What matters is they looked like crap. I doubt they will be advancing beyod districts UNLESS the SWD is worse than usual. With the RRD getting 4 teams this year, they could have all 4 teams in the semifinals of regions.

So did everyone else. What matters is they looked like crap. I doubt they will be advancing beyod districts UNLESS the SWD is worse than usual. With the RRD getting 4 teams this year, they could have all 4 teams in the semifinals of regions.

doubt that.

Abingdon lost 4-1 to Northside and were down 4-2 to Salem when I left on Saturday at the Cave Spring Jamboree. I seriously doubt they will win the Southwest District unless they get ALOT better.

Are you serious? NOBODY in the SWD would be able to compete with either of those River Ridge teams...

They are probably the ONLY River Ridge team that really isn't that good...but they would still compete pretty well in the SWD, maybe even win it.

Pulaski and Christiansburg are the worst RRD teams. Cave Spring and Salem have traditionally battled it out for 3rd place. If either of these teams were in the Southwet District, they would win it easily.

Exactly...the SWD is way behind the curve in AA soccer. I don't know if they'll ever be able to compete...maybe when this re-structuring goes through, they'll be able to compete better...since most of the River Ridge teams will move up in classification, but until then....have fun in the regular season and district tournament...because after that, it's lights out.

Exactly...the SWD is way behind the curve in AA soccer. I don't know if they'll ever be able to compete...maybe when this re-structuring goes through, they'll be able to compete better...since most of the River Ridge teams will move up in classification, but until then....have fun in the regular season and district tournament...because after that, it's lights out.

Has Abingdon not competed with RRD teams in region tournaments? Maybe not win but still competed

Has Abingdon not competed with RRD teams in region tournaments? Maybe not win but still competed

I think they lost by 4 goals last year to the 3rd place RRD team. Is that what you call competing?