Nit!!

Your exactly right. They came out and were way too sloppy for a team that knew their tourney hopes rode on the game. I guess the only good thing that comes out of this is we will prolly get at least 1 home game, hopefully 3 like last year.

I forgot that VT was picked to finish in the top two in the ACC preseason with all the NBA lottery picks on the roster.

You guys do remember that VT has guys banged up, sick, and they were playing their fourth straight team that was ranked in eight days????? Not to mention that two of those teams were UNC and Duke. There are plays I wished they would have played smarter and could have shot the ball better, but they were still playing some pretty DAMN GOOD TEAMS too!!!!!!! It's the nature of the ACC and that's why it's the toughest conference in the basketball world. It's not like they are losing to the St. Mary's school for the deaf, blind, and/or morbidly obese of the college basketball world.

If they get passed over for the NCAAs, so be it. Then they go onto the NIT and have a chance to win that tourney. Plus, they will get some more home games that I can go watch.

Edited by bhs7695

Nice work, Hokies. You came out flat for the game that makes or breaks your (or should I say "our"?) NCAA tourney hopes. Unbelievable.

Do you realize that we haven't led a game in 120 minutes?

Nice job of coaching...

I forgot that VT was picked to finish in the top two in the ACC preseason with all the NBA lottery picks on the roster.

You guys do remember that VT has guys banged up, sick, and they were playing their fourth straight team that was ranked in eight days????? Not to mention that two of those teams were UNC and Duke. There are plays I wished they would have played smarter and could have shot the ball better, but they were still playing some pretty DAMN GOOD TEAMS too!!!!!!! It's the nature of the ACC and that's why it's the toughest conference in the basketball world. It's not like they are losing to the St. Mary's school for the deaf, blind, and/or morbidly obese of the college basketball world.

If they get passed over for the NCAAs, so be it. Then they go onto the NIT and have a chance to win that tourney. Plus, they will get some more home games that I can go watch.

When are you going to quit making excuses, take off the maroon and orange glasses and see the reality of the situation??? This team had the talent to finish above .500 in the ACC, to win 20+ games, and to make the NCAA tournament...they didn't/won't do any of those things...

And the way they've played over their last seven games, they don't deserve the NIT...

I'm a Hokies fan. Period. Nothing will change that.

I'm afraid all of this bashing of Seth and the team could bring the basketball program to a regression point and I sure as hell don't want that to happen!! So they finished one game below .500 in the toughest basketball conference in America without a McDonalds' All American and changes need to be made?? The problem I saw this year was a lack of impact depth on the bench and some youth. Seth has lost some kids who changed their minds or transfered out of the program and their experience and added depth would have helped this team this year. For a guy that has taken a program that life support couldn't help and brought it to where it is now, I think he deserves more support. He loves the game and is passoniate about this program, it's fans, and the players. To give the guy six years, think he's done all he can, and needs to move on is something I don't agree with.

I guess that is just the way college athletics are these days..............what have you done for me yesterday.

As I've done in the past, I give Greenberg credit for getting them where they are now. However, a monkey could have improved upon the mess that the 'Hoo left in Blacksburg.

But even without the bashing, this program has reached its ceiling with Greenberg at the helm. This is it, it won't get any better....around .500 in the ACC and coming close to making the NCAA tournament is all you're going to get with him as the head coach. This year's team had more depth than any of Seth's other teams at VT with most of the bench players (except Davila) gaining valuable experience and playing time last season...but it didn't help. This team made more "rookie" mistakes than any since Greenberg's first season at VT...and that team had reason to make "rookie" mistakes with four freshmen starting. Those sort of things should have been taken care of by the coach a long time ago.

How much more time will he need? He's already had three of HIS recruiting classes go through the system for the Hokies and there hasn't been any improvement as those three classes have gone through their senior years.

'03-'06 45-44 (three seasons with players from previous staff)

'06-'07 22-12 (1st recruiting class)...NCAA Tournament

'07-'08 21-14 (2nd recruiting class)...NIT Tournament

'08-'09 17-13 (3rd recruiting class)...NIT????

That is regression with HIS players...

And I'm a Hokie fan too...hate me for wanting better...

I know it is more prestigious to be in the tourney, and everbody would rather make it. But if you have a young team like WVU did a few years ago, it may be better in the long run to win 2 or 3 games in the NIT, than take a beat down in the first round of the NCAA. I am not a Hokies fan and dont know if they are young this year, or if they under achieved, experience wise for the future it may be a good thing.

As I've done in the past, I give Greenberg credit for getting them where they are now. However, a monkey could have improved upon the mess that the 'Hoo left in Blacksburg.

But even without the bashing, this program has reached its ceiling with Greenberg at the helm. This is it, it won't get any better....around .500 in the ACC and coming close to making the NCAA tournament is all you're going to get with him as the head coach. This year's team had more depth than any of Seth's other teams at VT with most of the bench players (except Davila) gaining valuable experience and playing time last season...but it didn't help. This team made more "rookie" mistakes than any since Greenberg's first season at VT...and that team had reason to make "rookie" mistakes with four freshmen starting. Those sort of things should have been taken care of by the coach a long time ago.

How much more time will he need? He's already had three of HIS recruiting classes go through the system for the Hokies and there hasn't been any improvement as those three classes have gone through their senior years.

Hey, it's not like UVA made the hire for Greenberg's predecessor. That falls on your AD.

But the question arises now: is slightly above-average good enough for VT's basketball program in the eyes of the higher-ups. With VT's distinct lack of history in basketball, I believe it will be. Is it right? Of course, a true fan wouldn't be satisfied with this. But Greenberg's earned enough credit by digging VT out from the basketball dung heap to keep his job safe for at least next season, and very likely beyond that.

And that's partially the reason UVA held onto George Welsh about 3 seasons too long...

So three post-season apperances in tournaments isn't good enough for him to keep his job? It's still up to the players on the court to grab the rebounds, hit the open shots, and make dunks/layups. The coaches can't play the game for them. Just because VT is in the ACC now doesn't mean that McDonalds' All Americans are lining up to goto school there and play basketball. Seth and his staff are still having to claw against basketball named schools to try and get kids to come there.

There are better ways to want better for your team then to fire the coach everytime something goes wrong. Did you want rid of Beamer after his last losing football season?

I know it is more prestigious to be in the tourney, and everbody would rather make it. But if you have a young team like WVU did a few years ago, it may be better in the long run to win 2 or 3 games in the NIT, than take a beat down in the first round of the NCAA. I am not a Hokies fan and dont know if they are young this year, or if they under achieved, experience wise for the future it may be a good thing.

VT won a couple of games in the NIT last season with a young team...did it help??? Obviously not...