Tenn vs. WKU

Big Orange 1

Just got home from the game, always good to start with a "W". UT played alot of freshmen today. Bryce Brown may be the real deal. Hardesty had 160yards rushing and didnt play much in the 2nd half. J. Crompton threw for 5 touchdowns (had 4, all of last year). All in all 687 total offensive yards, WKU had 83. The offense after the 1st quarter was extremely sharp. The defense dominated the game.

Tenn 63 WKU 7.

yea im a big tenneesse fan and they had a good game and i think they will win enoughf games to go to a bowl game this year ,but they still have to prove thereselfs that they are going to be able to play with the SEC teams this year

I just stated that is always good to start off with a win. I know it was WKU, but the fact remains that 3 true freshmen scored TD's, the defense was hitting like I havent seen in a while. There is a renewed excitement, and a different style of play with this coaching staff. I still do not expect TN to beat Fla, Ala, or Ole Miss, but its nice to start off the season on a positive note. If UVA would have beat W&M that would have been "nothing" too, and we all know what happened. I think this TN team has some good things to look forward to. An 8-9 win season this year would be very nice, that all.

Probably under. TN is in the SEC, and the SEC teams are under the radar all the time. As far as LK's off season antics, I said more than once that I wish he would keep his mouth shut. He seems to have mellowed some off the field, when he figured out he couldnt take a wiz without ESPN reporting it. I still dont know what to expect this season, we'll know more next Sat after the UCLA game, but : so far so good.

Am I the only one annoyed by Lane Kiffin's offseason antics? The guy pissed me off. Also, how long do you give Tennessee before they get hit with a major recruiting violation? I'm gonna set the over/under at 2.5 years.

Just like some of the guys said on tv, Lane knows what he can get away with. He had all secondary violations. Many people think that was his plan to get his name out there more for recruits and it does make sense. Major universities get secondary violations all of the time but for some reason you only hear about them when Lane gets them.

Edited by HurricaneWarning