Hurley rebels football

rowdyredrebel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

east ridge has offense that keeps the ball out of the other teams hands...hurley's defensive line is suppose to be good...they'll have to prove it and stop the run this friday...if they do that...and can get the ball into blankenship's hands then they will win by 20 plus...good luck hurley

i think east ridge lost last night 67 to7 but who knows i think the rebels played a little flat last night@ burch they won the game 34 to o0 they could of put on a better show i think they look like they wasnt into the game until the 3rd quater ..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

they should win it but they need to play phisical i think greg and the staff will line them out this week i wonder why they took there flags off there helmets last night they played the first half they was on and the 2nd half they was off what went on there

they should win it but they need to play phisical i think greg and the staff will line them out this week i wonder why they took there flags off there helmets last night they played the first half they was on and the 2nd half they was off what went on there

Greg took them off at half because of the way they were playing. He said they had to earn those Rebel flags with better play on both sides of the ball and special teams. I don't know when they will get them back.

Greg took them off at half because of the way they were playing. He said they had to earn those Rebel flags with better play on both sides of the ball and special teams. I don't know when they will get them back.

I commend coach Tester for doing it too....Our boy's are lining up and playing to the level of the opposition intead of playing to there own level which would have been 30+ points more than what they put on the board Friday night.Burch had 7 starter's on suspension That didnt play against us. You gatta bring your A game every Friday night and thats what the coaches are trying to make them do. They do that they'll get there flags back..

I hope Coach Davis get's his boards out this week and feed's them gun powder.

If Hurley doesn't blow East Ridge out,then they're in bad shape.

If JJ kelly dont win State then they suck....That comment and the one you posted are both bull crap...One game dont make a season and any A school that can beat a AAA school by any score is good..A win is a win...I agree with what some one else wrote you seem to have a woody for Hurley..If reading about them bothers you that much take your butt back over to the LPD forum and stay there...

If JJ kelly dont win State then they suck....That comment and the one you posted are both bull crap...One game dont make a season and any A school that can beat a AAA school by any score is good..A win is a win...I agree with what some one else wrote you seem to have a woody for Hurley..If reading about them bothers you that much take your butt back over to the LPD forum and stay there...

i didnt see any negativity towards the Rebel program in his statement...

That has to be one of the most ignorant replies I have ever read on here (no wonder the good folks in KY get such a bad rep). I'll do you one better: If JJK doesn't blow Coeburn out Friday night then they are in bad shape. Point being East Ridge and Coeburn aren't juggernauts. Grow up youngin'

Guest BlueBlue
I commend coach Tester for doing it too....Our boy's are lining up and playing to the level of the opposition intead of playing to there own level which would have been 30+ points more than what they put on the board Friday night.Burch had 7 starter's on suspension That didnt play against us. You gatta bring your A game every Friday night and thats what the coaches are trying to make them do. They do that they'll get there flags back..

I hope Coach Davis get's his boards out this week and feed's them gun powder.

Get FARD UP TO LOSE REBELS LOL EAT THAT

That has to be one of the most ignorant replies I have ever read on here (no wonder the good folks in KY get such a bad rep). I'll do you one better: If JJK doesn't blow Coeburn out Friday night then they are in bad shape. Point being East Ridge and Coeburn aren't juggernauts. Grow up youngin'

You cant get no love at all in a Hurley thread can you Chain...lol

i think east ridge lost last night 67 to7 but who knows i think the rebels played a little flat last night@ burch they won the game 34 to o0 they could of put on a better show i think they look like they wasnt into the game until the 3rd quater ..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

FLAT?!!!!!!!!!! man you said a mouth full there it wasnt just the ball team , I mean the fans were the same unless the boys made a play it was like a pin drop, but I will say this the coaches did a good job tryiing to get the boys mad at something either them or what ever in hopes that they would take it out on the other team. I personaly was very disapointed in the way they played I mean they beat a team by 36 but should have beat them by 56 . I know its not easy to bring it every down but come on guys this went on for 2 and a half quarters , What do we see in every good team that has won a title in any sport ? they bring it!!!!! every single down, either in a pass rush , a hard hit that knocks you out of your shoes , special teams, and this is one of the reason coach TESTER took the flags off of there helmets . Every team that hurley has had that did good had a defence to be feared , you did not want to ge hit by any of these guys because they didnt take a play off they loved to inflict as much pain as lawfully possible and then grind there teeth for more, and its not that hurley dont have the talent its the the talent dont have the want to , not heart because I seen them come from behind a week ago at saint paul and the have it but it cant be left up to just the coahes to bring it on FRIDAY nights these kids have a chance to do what hasnt been done here in alot of years, and shutt some doughters up but it's all in how bad they want it I mean it is there team and they are the ones that have to walk out in public with everyone looking saying is'nt that such and such that was on that team for hurley that almost won . Hurley is a place i love, its showed me what pride is and maybe these boys dont see it just yet but let me tell you this I know that some of hurley players get on here and thats all in good but if you want to hear what people are saying about you just ask or look around you wont find anyone other than those from hurley giving you respect thats why we REBELS have always had to wear our pride on our sleeves like a block of wood and dare anyone to try and take it from us that is what makes a REBEL , PRIDE,HEART,PASSION, AND LOYALTY! to the person next to them, showing that you dont have to do this alone because we are rebels. ®ESPECTED

we expect(E)XCELENCE

were allways (B)RAVE

we allways (E)MBRACE challenges

and we never (L)ANGUISH NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!! I still love those REBELS!

Youve busted there chops every chance you got but you call it contructive criticism or just a point of view..I'll call it like it is you dont miss a chance take a dig at them.You need to realize the world dont end in Wise County.

But when you get called on it your quick to the defense..Hell, if they go 10-0 or dont win another game I love them the same but if they beat the Steelers people like you would throw some kinda crap at them..East Ridge isnt up to par with the rest of the schools in Pike County but there still over 500 more kids enrollement than Hurley and before you throw that "Look at Burton or other small school power house crap I've seen you post Hurley isnt in a geographical area where they can RECRUIT like you good ole boy's do over there..So Chain chew on that and choke for all I care.

Youve busted there chops every chance you got but you call it contructive criticism or just a point of view..I'll call it like it is you dont miss a chance take a dig at them.You need to realize the world dont end in Wise County.

But when you get called on it your quick to the defense..Hell, if they go 10-0 or dont win another game I love them the same but if they beat the Steelers people like you would throw some kinda crap at them..East Ridge isnt up to par with the rest of the schools in Pike County but there still over 500 more kids enrollement than Hurley and before you throw that "Look at Burton or other small school power house crap I've seen you post Hurley isnt in a geographical area where they can RECRUIT like you good ole boy's do over there..So Chain chew on that and choke for all I care.

Laughable...get a clue. When ya beat up on nobodies, you get respect from nobody. Hurley only has 3 games they HAVE to play, cuz there are only 4 teams total in the BDD. So, that's 7 games where they could schedule at least 2-3 teams worth their salt. Instead it ends up looking somethin like this: Game 1:Betsy Layne, Games 2 through 4:every "Ridge" in Kentucky, Game 5:The Ray Charles School for the Blind, Game 6:Sacred Mercy Sisters of the Poor, Game 7: The Hellen Keller School for the Deaf and Dumb....then they play the "mighty" BDD teams. That's why Hurley catches hell on this board...cuz outside of Honaker and Haysi, they don't play anybody worth a hell.

Laughable...get a clue. When ya beat up on nobodies, you get respect from nobody. Hurley only has 3 games they HAVE to play, cuz there are only 4 teams total in the BDD. So, that's 7 games where they could schedule at least 2-3 teams worth their salt. Instead it ends up looking somethin like this: Game 1:Betsy Layne, Games 2 through 4:every "Ridge" in Kentucky, Game 5:The Ray Charles School for the Blind, Game 6:Sacred Mercy Sisters of the Poor, Game 7: The Hellen Keller School for the Deaf and Dumb....then they play the "mighty" BDD teams. That's why Hurley catches hell on this board...cuz outside of Honaker and Haysi, they don't play anybody worth a hell.

Just for a thought. And I have mentioned this befor. But Hurley is the 3rd smallest school in D1 with 201 kids. pretty much every game they play is against a larger school. And to get back with you on this subject im going to look up region A,B,C and see exactly where Hurley ranks in smallest schools with a program :)

Just for a thought. And I have mentioned this befor. But Hurley is the 3rd smallest school in D1 with 201 kids. pretty much every game they play is against a larger school. And to get back with you on this subject im going to look up region A,B,C and see exactly where Hurley ranks in smallest schools with a program :)

Regardless, they have comparable enrollment to Twin Springs, Ervinton, St.Paul, Narrows, Covington, Rye Cove, Pound, Appalachia, and JI Burton. Any combination of that 7 is a stronger schedule than every weak school in Eastern Kentucky and the Southern part of West VA. I've seen St. Paul this year (who Hurley struggled with) and know how horrid they are..along with most of the CD teams...and Hurley is on par with them. So, why not play em?

Edited by sup_rbeast

well I just got back from my journy lol and according to vhsl (which has our enrollment at 208 compared to the moutaneer has us at 201) even with the 7 student diff we are currently the 6th smallest school in virginia with a football team.

Bland 144

Chincoteague 199

ervinton 181

st paul 158

Colonial Beach 199

http://www.vhsl-reference.com/team_Enrollments_by_year.cfm

A few schools totals were blank on the list and I looked them up and they are AA-AAA schools up North and out East. And also I do believe these figures include the 8th grade, but I may be wrong. Feel free to debate!

Edited by mapper

Narrows, Twin Springs? Just not in geographical sense. Hurley only plays Burch, East ridge, and phelps. East Ridge has an enrollment of over 500 or 600. I understand Burch and phelps, But nearly every school around schedules a cup cake team or two. It doesnt make sense to play district and top your full non district schedule with power houses to get your boys banged up befor the games that count start. And the St Paul game Hurley turned the ball over 6 times and still won, and to top that held them to -34 rushing yards.

Narrows, Twin Springs? Just not in geographical sense. Hurley only plays Burch, East ridge, and phelps. East Ridge has an enrollment of over 500 or 600. I understand Burch and phelps, But nearly every school around schedules a cup cake team or two. It doesnt make sense to play district and top your full non district schedule with power houses to get your boys banged up befor the games that count start. And the St Paul game Hurley turned the ball over 6 times and still won, and to top that held them to -34 rushing yards.

...and Montcalm..and so on and so forth. And the sad thing is, it took that kind of effort vs. St. Paul and they didn't even have their best player on the field...their QB to boot. But, it's like this, even if ya do get in the playoffs, you'll get a dose of Clintwood or JI Burton more than likely. And either one of 'em will be just like that last dose of Burton y'all got 3-4 years ago...and I doubt that was a pleasurable experience.

Edited by sup_rbeast

Well whoever can have fun with goochland or william campbell or one of those guys if you get far enough.

Those teams aren't unbeatable...but it'll take a tough ground game and hard hitting defense. The past few years, most of the Single A schools takin the trip upstate have taken a spread offense (or some other "finesse" offense) upstate with 'em. The problem is the teams upstate have a greater number of pure athletes on their teams...and that adds up to a "L" for the Region C/D representative trying to out finesse them.