Late edition of LiL' LEONARDS_LOSERS --

Leonards_Losers

16-4

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Homecoming season is upon us and that means crowns and roses a plenty. This weekend me and my good pal “Heybuddie†will begin the “09 Homecoming Tailgate Tourâ€. Our first stop will be at our old stomping grounds ELMER and HARRY. The Waspers have finally gotten their sting back. In honor of our opponents we will be frying up some Hampden-Sydney Tiger Tails over a open fire. All week long I have been searching the web for some new recipes to use on my new grill Saturday. During the search I found a few games Friday night that could change the landscape of some districts.

Richlands @ Marion

Betty LouLou bought a Hollywood Beat magazine yesterday and read that George Clooney would be at the premier of the “PERFECT STORM†Friday night in Marion, VA. Yes folks, the “ PERFECT STORM†is brewing as we speak. The Scarlet Typhoon has been gaining strength over the Hungry Mother’s Park all season long. Now sitting at 5-0 they are ready to make the surge onto the mainland and change the landscape of the Southwest District. Leading the surge onto the mainland is a speeding Brent Johnson and a powerful Cody Bane. Folks around town might want to cover the windows and prepare for the downpour the estimated time of impact is around 7:30 Friday night. The bad news for the Typhoons is that the Big Blue Wind Machine will be blowing off the Big Walker Mountain to counter its effect. Richland’s defense is just too strong for Marion. By the end of the night the Big Blue Wind Machine will turn the Typhoon into a weak Tropical Storm.

Lil’Leonards_Loser – Marion

Chilhowie @ GW

If the Apple Festival didn’t slow’em down, the Warriors have been growing faster than Kudzoo on a warm summers day. They have ran fast and hit hard all season. Percy doesn’t know much about Smyth County but he says“This Tribe is ready to be Kings of the Deer Jerky Leagueâ€. On up the road, the Truckstop Boys of GW have been the Top Dog in the Hogoheegee for so long it’s been a race for second place. Some friends of mine from flat footin’ class think, that this year, the DOG “has grown a little long in the toothâ€. (That’s dog talk for all you cat lovers about getting old). Is the guard about to change, or does the Old Dog have some new Tricks? I like old dogs myself….

Lil’Leonards_Loser - Chilhowie

Powell Valley vs. OPEN

The LPD (Lotsa Penalties District) is up for grabs. Every team is ready to make the final push for the title. The Vikings ship needs a rest before they battle it out with the Kelly Tribe and “The City†back to back. But hold on just a minute, this OPEN team is fearless. They have played all the BIG BOYS in AAA, AA, and even the small group A teams. However, some times they are just what is needed to heal a beat up team; at other times they break the momentum of good play. Dr. Phil has been around a long time at Large Rock and knows how to use this week to his advantage. Meanwhile the OPEN camp has a couple of teams in their sights, and we all know who they are, for their first victory. Last year Burch had to score in the final seconds to knock off the OPEN CRUSADERS. I don't think the Athletic Dept. will be pleased with the gate money from this one.

Lil'Leonards_Loser– OPEN

Abindon vs. Carroll County

Have the Falcons found their wings? After the Tazewell County Duo had their way with the birdies, a reunion with John S. Battle was just what the Vet had ordered. The birdies had high hopes for this season, but now they are trying to save face. The CAVS operate a well oil ground game that churns out yardage and keeps the time ticking (Better than a Timex). Hopefully, the Falcons Air Attack will stay on the ground so the clock will run.

The Hillsville Haymakers are on a mission to let everyone in the SWD know that there are no soft apples in their barrel. All of the old soldiers at the Hillsville VFW have seen tough Battles; this one will not be on of them!

Lil'Leonards_Loser -- Abingdon

Bonus Game

Twin Valley @ Ervinton

The Pilgrim’s Knob Mauve Cat will set forth on a pilgrimage to the foot of TOM’S CREEK Mountain, home of Dr. Ralph Stanley, in search of a victory this Friday Night. The MAUVE CATS are still trying to claw their way into a victory.

Since their Owl Plucking win in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia, the Nora Rebs are playing a lot tougher. The Rebs see a chance of no “Constant Sorrow†for the next 4 games. They may be able to get Ralph Stanley, The Bluegrasses Guru of TOM CREEK’S Mountain to sing a few versus of, “I’m a CAT OF CONSTANT SORROW†Friday night.

Lil’Leonards_Loser – Twin Valley

Well well, Lil Leonard pokes and makes fun of the "whine and cheesers" and yet he is an old alum of E&H........interesting. You better hope I don't find you this weekend hangin out at Emory or the Ol Tavern Leonard, it won't be pretty. Be kinda hard for you and your ol buddy to ride the Virginia Creeper Trail with a wine bottle stuck in your A$$!!!

E&H and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference are staunchly against hazing in any form, including insertion of foreign objects into the anus.

all joking aside, how is E&H related to him making fun of Abingdon's football program? are you knocking them? i think they do just fine in football. and another thing, he said nothing (not one single word) about whine, wine, or cheese--man, you're really digging for stuff here. quit being a sensitive sally and enjoy your homecoming.