State Semifinals Predictions

dshreeves

Since the high school season is just past halfway, i thought it would be fun to get predictions from everyone as to who will be playing in the state semifinals for division 1 and division 2, regions C and D.

Here's mine

Division 1

Clintwood vs Eastern Montgomery

Division 2

Radford vs Gate City

Plus it will be nice to have a thread that doesn't end up being about Abingdon.

Since the high school season is just past halfway, i thought it would be fun to get predictions from everyone as to who will be playing in the state semifinals for division 1 and division 2, regions C and D.

Here's mine

Division 1

Clintwood vs Eastern Montgomery

Division 2

Radford vs Gate City

Plus it will be nice to have a thread that doesn't end up being about Abingdon.

Not sure if you wanted my opionion about Region 4 Division 3 but here it is anyway. I will put Cave Spring or Richlands playing Brookville (not sure about Brookville) in the semis.

Not sure about the divisions you metioned but I agree that GC will be there.

Not sure if you wanted my opionion about Region 4 Division 3 but here it is anyway. I will put Cave Spring or Richlands playing Brookville (not sure about Brookville) in the semis.

Not sure about the divisions you metioned but I agree that GC will be there.

I would agree with you about Cave Spring/Richlands. The winner of that game could come down to home field advantage. I think if Richlands wins out, they just might outpoint Cave Spring and get homefield advantage.

Brookville looks to be a strong possibility as the opponent. Would Richlands have home field this season in a state semifinal game?

I realize it's a little early to be talking playoffs but it's fun to speculate at this time of the season. If Richlands can get home field vs Cave Spring they would have 3 playoff games at home. Gate City most likely will also have 3 playoff games at home also.

You guys see Richlands being good enough to beat Brookville, Liberty or Northside this season? I've only seen them against Gate City and i'm sure they are much improved since week one.

I do think Lebanon is the only team that can challenge Gate City for the right to play for a state title this season. Region C is very balanced but i don't think any of those teams would be able to go on the road and beat GC or Lebanon.

If we make it Richlands would have home field in the semis. We have got to improve if we are going to make it that far. More consistency on offense and get a few more people involved on the offense, we all know its there we have seen it.

D.1- Clintwood at Holston

D.1- West Point at Madison Co.

D.2- Gretna at Essex

D.2- Radford at Gate City

D.3- James Monroe at Handley

D.3- Liberty at Richlands

D.4-Broad Run at Chancellor

D.4-Salem at Amherst Co.