Mountaineer Field Today.

wvuraiders

First of all great game and what a fourth quarter. WV usually gets a bad rep when it comes to things but today was truly a great experience not only for the game itself but the tribute to Jasper Howard...the fans were classy before and after the game. It was pleasure to witness this today. Great Job Mountaineers!!!!! I end with a nice quote from Coach Edsall.

The sportsmanship and the love and concern that they showed for our team – I don’t know if you’ve ever seen that in sport,†said Edsall. “My hat is off to them. Those were a bunch of class fans, and this is a classy staff and athletic administration. I would just like to say thank you to them.â€

I watched the game on TV and it was very special when UCONN came out. They were hoisting Jasper Howard's helmet and jersey in the air and the Mountaineer fans gave them a tremendous ovation. That and the way both teams were shaking hands and hugging, it was very classy. Coach Stu is a class act and Mountaineer faithful was first class as well. Kudos to the Moutaineers!

Did you all hear about what the other athletic teams at UCONN did when the team left the school?

All of the the teams lined the main drag and gave the football team a great send off. The girls track team was in the stands of the football stadium and made a large #6 that the team saw as they were leaving.

Guest JJBrickface

WVU fans actually got a helmet sticker on College Gameday Scoreboard. UConn played their hearts out.