Tennessee vs. South Carolina

Big Orange 1

Good night for the Vols, capitalized on 4 So. Carolina turnovers as the "orange and BLACK clad volunteers" hand USCjr, and the "Old ball coach" a 31-13 loss. I got into the stadium about 7:15, the teams were warming up. Tenn had orange pants and orange jerseys. Then when the band formed the "T", the captains I noticed stayed, the "T" opened and Neyland Stadium erupted when the team came out in black jerseys.

yeah those jerseys were sick. lane kiffin is a recruiting genius. little things like that go a long way in recruiting.

Your right the jerseys made me sick. They rank right up there with the Oregon all yellow for sickening. But heck the gimmick worked. It got me to say something about the Vols.

yeah those jerseys were sick. lane kiffin is a recruiting genius. little things like that go a long way in recruiting.

So tradition, the ability to win championships, the ability to go the next level, the type of offense/defense are on par with the number of jerseys, pants, and helmets a team has?

I think it was a ploy to get the fans fired up. It worked, but black is not mentioned as one of the school colors.

So tradition, the ability to win championships, the ability to go the next level, the type of offense/defense are on par with the number of jerseys, pants, and helmets a team has?

I think it was a ploy to get the fans fired up. It worked, but black is not mentioned as one of the school colors.

They were worn back in 1921 so this was not the first time. Just as Kiffin said, this game is about the players. The players wanted to wear the black for Halloween so that is what he done. Official color or not, I do not see anything wrong seeing how it was Halloween. What two colors do everyone associate Halloween with? Orange and black. It is not like you`ll see UT run out every week with black on. Some people need to worry about something else than what kind of jersey a team wears. By the way, Tennessee has black on their baseball and tennis jerseys. Maybe some other college coaches should take notice and listen to the players sometimes.

Yeah you're right bro you would know way more about it than me. Glad you can infer so much from one little statement.

Edited by bluenado5