Carroll vs. Magna Vista

Goldenboy7

As a Richlands fan, when we play CC I don't like em.....LOL ! But in the playoff's, I hope you kick some Magna Vista a$$ !! I know some don't, but I always pull for the southwest district teams and any team from our area !

Good luck CC, do us proud !

Nadoball,

I am with you that size should matter, but I got flamed for suggesting that in other posts. I coached 4-5/6-7 graders in Carroll County in late 80's and early 90's. We had 21 kids out for football in 4-5 grade and 20 for 6-7 grades, so that's 41 total kids from 4-7 grade! I returned to coach my son's 6-7 teams five years ago and there were over 100 kids out for football in those two grades-not counting 4-5 graders! The program is only now starting to get its "feeder" system up and going. We lose a ton of kids with school ball (starting in the 8th grade) for the same reasons other schools do, but our JV teams have been very successful (albeit playing mostly local Group-A schools-there's that size thing again).

Carroll is better known for baseball than football and there is very little positive football tradition over its 40 year history. Here's to hoping this group of young men can get a win and start building some more positives for a program that doesn't have much of a tradition in the regular season, various districts, or in the playoff...