WVU - FSU Gator Bowl

bluefieldRocks

Gator Bowl Committee member on the radio right now -- "West Virginia has a very special place with the Gator Bowl. They have saved us several times, and this is one way we can say thank you, in the last year of the Big East agreement".

I would have liked to play somebody we don't play very often, but this will work

Gator Bowl Committee member on the radio right now -- "West Virginia has a very special place with the Gator Bowl. They have saved us several times, and this is one way we can say thank you, in the last year of the Big East agreement".

I would have liked to play somebody we don't play very often, but this will work

Doesn't WVU have a series with FSU coming up in a few years?

I am dissapointed in the ACC allowing fsu to compete in gator bowl....but.....Fsu will play like it is the super bowl...so wvu has zero chance in this game...wish we could play a better opponent such as Miami or Tech.

But what about the other 2 ACC teams that were better than them, that should have gone there, But didn't just because he's going to retire after this season. Miami and Clemson should have gotten in before FSU

And truthfully if Pitt beats Cinn, Cinn should get in before we do.

I am dissapointed in the ACC allowing fsu to compete in gator bowl....but.....Fsu will play like it is the super bowl...so wvu has zero chance in this game...wish we could play a better opponent such as Miami or Tech.

If WVU has "zero chance" vs. FSU, why would you want to play "better opponent"???

But what about the other 2 ACC teams that were better than them, that should have gone there, But didn't just because he's going to retire after this season. Miami and Clemson should have gotten in before FSU

Its all about $$$$$$...selling tickets...putting butts in the seats...Miami fans MIGHT have bought half of their allotment to the Gator...Clemson probably 3/4...FSU-WVU will sellout...

And truthfully if Pitt beats Cinn, Cinn should get in before we do.

Also true, but, after the season Cincy has had, do you really think their fans would be excited to go to the Gator Bowl if they were to lose to Pitt??? Its plain and simple, bowls take teams that bring fans to fill the stadiums...