Brian Kelly to Notre Lame

WaveFan09

I give him 4 years and they will let him go.

I dont know about that.

He has won everywhere he has been.

I think he won two D-2 titles before he went to Cincy and lead them to an underfeated thus far.

From my post yesterday...

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17216&page=2

GMan, fieldgeneral, and some others have taken one on the chin with their predictions about Brian Kelly and Notre Dame. Don't worry, I thought he'd be at Cincinnati next season too, I just didn't post it. Several sources are saying that he'll accept the job on Friday morning after Cincinnati's senior banquet on Thursday night, and he won't coach the Sugar Bowl. It's sad to see him fall into the "Black Hole" that is Notre Dame. Give him 3-4 years and he'll be at the same point in his career that Charlie Weiss is at right now.

FWIW, I'll go ahead and post my opinion. I was waiting for Notre Dame to hold out a little bit longer and then let Urban Meyer take a stab at it. No matter how well he's done and will do at Florida, he'll be the coach at Notre Dame before his coaching career is over. Just give it long enough for Kelly to fail, and Urban's at his "dream job."

Guest JJBrickface
Everyone thought Charlie Weiss would be too.

Why? Because he was an assistant coach for the Patriots? Like Romeo Crennel?

Brian Kelly is a proven winner.

If I remember correctly Weiss had two good seasons to start his career. The thing is in all honestly overall Kelly would get better recruits at Cincy than at Notre Dame in the long run.

Weis only had two good seasons because of Brady Quinn.

Kelly desperatly needs good recruits to come to ND now especially since Jimmy Clausen and Golden Tate are going to the draft, that was 3/4 or their scoring last year.

Why? Because he was an assistant coach for the Patriots? Like Romeo Crennel?

Brian Kelly is a proven winner.

You'll have to ask the media. If you'll think back to when Weiss took the job, everyone just knew he was the right man for the job.

I hate the Patriots and I hate Notre Dame, so I don't have a dog in this fight.

As for Brian Kelly, he wins but not everyone just randomly stumbles upon a Tony Pike. During last year's spring practices, Pike was the 3rd best quarterback on the team and was sending in plays and running scout team. Not every team's 3rd string quarterback is a hidden gem. Kelly got extremely lucky with this situation. Under normal circumstances in playing a 3rd-string QB, I highly doubt he wins a BE Championship and makes an Orange Bowl appearance.

Guest JJBrickface
You'll have to ask the media. If you'll think back to when Weiss took the job, everyone just knew he was the right man for the job.

I hate the Patriots and I hate Notre Dame, so I don't have a dog in this fight.

As for Brian Kelly, he wins but not everyone just randomly stumbles upon a Tony Pike. During last year's spring practices, Pike was the 3rd best quarterback on the team and was sending in plays and running scout team. Not every team's 3rd string quarterback is a hidden gem. Kelly got extremely lucky with this situation. Under normal circumstances in playing a 3rd-string QB, I highly doubt he wins a BE Championship and makes an Orange Bowl appearance.

He proved that he could win without Pike. Collaros came in and Cincy didn't miss a beat.

In my opinion you shouldn't be able to hire a coach until after all bowl games are over. Not fare to the team he is with if he doesn't coach them in there bowl.

I agree...Personally, I think it is stupid to leave a team before the bowl game that is 12-0 and in a BCS game

Did any of you see the Quotes from a couple of his players on ESPN. No love loss between Kelly and Gilyard.

folks we have student athletes who lay it on the line for a coach and whom they believe in...and for some they are father figures...Just another example of how this country is teaching our youth that your word means nothing...I see it everyday in children....sad situation.

Say "IF" Texas would have lost to Nebraska and Cincy somehow was put in the Title game would he of took the Notre Dame job? Opinions?

After they played in the national title game. Way too much media buzz and talking going around to be able to focus on the game.

Brian Kelly can flat out coach football. The man has won at every level he has coached. Do not discount his two National Championships at the D2 level. Charlie Weis had never been a head coach at any level. He also felt his "pro" experience would automatically give his team a "schematic" advantage. Brian Kelly is an Irish-Catholic who has always looked at ND as his dream job. This man will succeed in South Bend !!!

Kelly will win where ever he is. BUT what i dont understand is how people say he will have to get in good players at notrelame. they have 4 and 5 stars at every poss. ND HAS TOP TALLENT just didnt have a coach. charlie is one of the worse coaches ever. their third sting would have been major gets for WVU or VPI.