Hurley.. minus blankenship

hokiepanther

I know a lot of people didn't like the way he played but he did the dirty work that a lot of kids won't attempt. I know this is going back a ways but it kind of reminded me of the ol' Detroit Pistons of 89-91. Bill L,Rodman,J Salley would flop,scratch,shove just do anything to get in your head. Pretty= no, Ugly=yes, but it did mess with you, MJ,Bird all of them hated those guys.

to go through what he has and still play with the passion he has really says something bout him...if others had been in his shoes they prob would have not even played...rather u like him or not ppl would have to agree to this....said to see him leave hurley...he brought some excitment to the table

I didn't know that he left Hurley. I saw in the paper a little while back that he didn't play but didn't know he left. That will hurt them quite a bit (obviously it has if they haven't won without him). I don't know him but had heard about the stuff he had gone through, truly felt for him.

I didn't know that he left Hurley. I saw in the paper a little while back that he didn't play but didn't know he left. That will hurt them quite a bit (obviously it has if they haven't won without him). I don't know him but had heard about the stuff he had gone through, truly felt for him.
I heard that he quit the team. I heard people talking about how he let his teammates down. I agree he should not have quit. they said he is just taking a break form sports and spending some time with his mom. I heard he will be back to school after the break. He will definately hurt his team. I have talked to some players and they are very upset with him and said he dont realize how much he has hurt his team. I guess he is just wanting to see his family more or something becasue if im not mistaken he has been living with Greg Tester for the last 2 years. I know Gary is better than that and I dont know wahts got into the kid because Gary loves sports.

so hurley hasnt won a game since gary blankenship went back to royal retreat.. looks like he was a bigger part of the team than we'd all thought..

Who is Gary Blankenship and where is Royal Retreat? Is that funny-talk for Rural Retreat?

I heard that he quit the team. I heard people talking about how he let his teammates down. I agree he should not have quit. they said he is just taking a break form sports and spending some time with his mom. I heard he will be back to school after the break. He will definately hurt his team. I have talked to some players and they are very upset with him and said he dont realize how much he has hurt his team. I guess he is just wanting to see his family more or something becasue if im not mistaken he has been living with Greg Tester for the last 2 years. I know Gary is better than that and I dont know wahts got into the kid because Gary loves sports.

I think you should talk to Gary instead of posting "stuff" that other people are reporting.

I agree you should talk to him first, But his my cousin and i haven't spoke to him in about a week. But his reasons for going to see his mother is personal and in no way should that be criticized, I mean the boy has been through a lot in his life so if he wants to spend time with his family so be it. Sports are important to him without a doubt, but family is forever ya know.

ah with all this talk of how godly waynick and the coopers are they shouldnt need gary haha.. scarcasm..
I can tell you one thing they will miss Blankenship. I dont know his reasons but I think the kid has a lot on his mind. I have seen him play twice in football and twice in b-ball and all i know is he gives 110 percent in everything he does. Oh yeah by the way Waynick is a beast for a sophmore and the coopers are good also....TV may beat them but their future is in 2 years.....They beat VA high tonight so just imagine waht they could do with Blankenship........Congrats to the Rebels

waynick is a good inside presence... tyler cooper can shoot pretty good but austin doesnt really impress me so much.. but the lil big man gary being gone is gonna kill there speed and there ability to keep up with teams with alot of speed... unless they can do what twin valleys been doin for years and just slowin teams down and not lettin em play that quick paced game... i personally see them finishing 3rd in the district to a 1st place Twin Valley and a 2nd Place Council... from what i hear honaker isnt so hot this year and i havnt heard much about haysi.. so we'll see when it all pans out

I'd imagine it's Gary's and Gary's business only for the decision he made..The kid has been through more than anyone should at his age..He doesn't owe anybody anything..Best of luck to him in the future what ever he decides to pursue..

Hurley beat VA High last night. They should have beat J.J Kelly, but lost by three. If they tall kid had not split his head they would have.

Not taking away from the win, but I'm not sure beating VA High is something to be excited about. They seem to be struggling right now.

i agree that beating va hight might not be something to celebrate...but neither is beating battle...but a win is a win...and as far as gary goes...if he wants to take time to see his family then let him...like everyone said...he has been through it...there is more to life than sports...there are more important things that come first...and family is one....i don't know the situation but if his team is really down on him or mad at him like somone said they were, they should check themselves...if they were really his friends they would try and support him instead of getting upset...

okay.. im gonna tell you guys the story i heard.. and im gonna start by saying i dont know if its true or not.. i heard that gary quit basketball to concentrate on football, in which he wanted to pursue a college career in... and while in the weightroom one evening, tommy blankenship (hurley principle) approached gary telling him that he lacked the intelligence to even attempt to get into a good college and that he needed to get himself in the gym and make the best of his athletic career in high school, resulting in gary going back to rural retreat.. a part of me hopes this isnt true but it really wouldnt surprise me.. furthermore.. im not celebrationg us beating battle.. i just like exploiting the fact that we beat battle by 20.. without our starting PG... while honaker lost to battle..

Edited by hokiepanther

its hard to tell how many stories will be told about this...and i shouldn't do this...but i will anyway just to see if anyone else has heard it too...but i heard today that he left because of a girl and that he dropped out of school and everything...not sure i believe this one...