BDD Takes 3 of 4 Semi Spots at VA High

hokiepanther

Honaker vs. Hurley...

Twin Valley vs. Lebanon

I haven't seen Lebanon play but I'm confident that they dont have anything our panthers cant play with... im gonna go out on a limb and say hurley over honaker.. anyone who loses to battle like honaker did.. isnt gonna beat hurley.. Whats everyone else think?

Lebanon is pretty athletic, I watched them play against Honaker. They are struggling with control and shooting. Jerome Cobb is by far their best player, if he gets in foul trouble they will struggle, which is likely against Smith.

After watching Honaker play against Lebanon I can't figure how they lost to Battle. Maybe they just had a good night against Lebanon but they seemed to be a little better than that game against Battle showed. I don't know, we'll see. . .

Honaker vs. Hurley...

Twin Valley vs. Lebanon

I haven't seen Lebanon play but I'm confident that they dont have anything our panthers cant play with... im gonna go out on a limb and say hurley over honaker.. anyone who loses to battle like honaker did.. isnt gonna beat hurley.. Whats everyone else think?

I'm glad to see the Russell County crew mop the floors with the teams from Buchanan Co.

I'm glad to see the Russell County crew mop the floors with the teams from Buchanan Co.

ah these early season tournaments dont mean much. the real games that matter are played in january and february.

neither hurley or twin valley impressed me at all...but it will be a good game against those two...twin valley will win...and for one reason only...josh smith...and i am very impressed with honaker...very well coached, get after you, plays excellent defense...on the ball, off the ball, everything...they block out...they take charges...could win the bdd this year, if not win it they will def be in the mix...and lebanon aint bad...they looked a little rusty, should have put twin valley away before they did, but they held the ball...no one really stood out, they have some good shooters...but they also like honaker play very good defense...should be a good finals at va high tommorow

yea man.. these dont mean a thing.. i mean sure i woulda liked to see tv beat lebanon and win the tourney.. but it dont really hurt my feelins that they didnt.. but with hubbard hurt and hughes not even showin up i didnt really expect it.. i think tv beats hurley by 5 or 6 tonight and lebanon beats honaker by 10 or so.. wish i could make it..

These early season tourneys are crap .... I remember shortridges soph year, TV finished dead last at the VA high tourney, Then they got the ball rolling and made it to the state final four ...

I remember that year too. TV went 0-3 in that tourney (with a loss to Lebanon in the consolation game interestingly, it should also be mentioned that that was when Horne was hurt and didn't play).

Fact of the matter is Lebanon is just a good team with a lot of depth and good athletes. All of these preseason tourneys are good for one thing--getting better and prepare you for district play. This is all about playing hard and finding out what works and what doesn't work. TV will be fine--GO PANTHERS!

lebanon is just better than twin valley is why they got beat...and twin valley is better than hurley...the beat them tonight...its going to come down to a three team race between hurley and twin valley and honaker for the bdd...honaker looks very good...and i thiunk is in the lead right now...

I'll say it again--TV will be fine--they are fine! There's plenty of practice time before district play and they're doing fine. Can they improve--absolutely! I think Coach Moore and the players would tell you that, I don't think there's any question. They will improve.

As far as the Coopers and their technicals--no surprise. The Cooper boys are good ball players but have sorry attitudes--period. Children reflect their parents. The Coopers aren't acting any differently than they did last year--no surprise.

As far as Josh Smith being the reason TV wins, I don't think there's any question he's a huge part of what they do, Moore says that all the time! Josh Smith is the best player in the district and he will always make a difference.

I'll give credit Honaker they've played good early on. They played descent against Lebanon the first time and played hard again and won they second. Lebanon is a good team and will challenge for Region D. But as far as Hart being the better coach, I don't know about that. I think he has players that play really hard. They did on the JV when Hart wasn't the coach and they're just doing the same now. I remember a few years ago after TV lost Lester, Logan, Goodman and those guys and Honaker had Logan Ball, the Carter kid and that group. The district was there's for the taking but they couldn't do it and haven't done it since. Sure they got one against the Panthers last year and beat TV in the BDD tourney at Honaker a couple of years ago but, hey, we'll let you have a couple every 5 years or so!

first off...the district wasn't theirs by any means...tv still had baldwin and a young simpson and horne, and smith...i agree with hurley...just quit talking and play ball...yeah honaker does have players that play really hard...but he uses them right...they play very good defense...defense isnt just playing hard....you have to know how...but i'm going to quit talking about it...we all have our opinions i guess...

the only bdd championships honaker has won in these past few years is the jv championships. they have really good jv teams and they always win the district but evidently hart isnt as good a coach as you say because they always win the jv but never the varsity.

NO they won the Bdd tourney in '07, I will never forget that game, every other school their cheered as we lost, and as Baldwin fouled out, Simpson fouled out, Horne fouled out, Smith fouled out and we were left to play with only 4 players with 6 mins. left in the game.

Guest redneckman

I love how no one will talk about Council being in there.... Council is the dark horse and Haysi is the party spoiler. Fleming is the best athlete and on any given night he can drop enough in Sandlick to crash someones' party.... And I mean if Council is hitting their shots not much you can do with them and Presley is a big guy who plays big *cough* Waynick *cough* excuse me this blizzard has me choked up.... Better enjoy your presents and New Years cause Twin Valley and Council hook it up Tuesday January 5th at the Cobra Den and it's on like Neckbomb I'm not sure which of the other H's play each other Hurley, Haysi or Honaker..... but its go time.