Global warming view

the watcher

The debate over global warming reminds me of Rachel Carson, acid rain, and Love Canal. Each was greeted by hoots of disbelief, contradictory arguments and data, and intense opposition from vested economic interests. Scientific messengers are not well received here — our first inclination is to shoot the messenger.

I understand those who are skeptical about global warming. It is complicated and confounding. Chaos theory, North Atlantic oscillation, computer modeling, La Nina, El Nino, and other phenomena are invisible forces – a kind of climatic and atmospheric voodoo common to science fiction, disaster movies, and the next Dan Brown novel.

I understand those who denounce global warming as an environmental hoax or a conspiracy of the intellectual elite. We have no personal experience to help us comprehend or understand this threat. How can we simply accept the conclusions of unknown Dr. Strangeloves who warn of a threat we cannot fathom. We know how to fight human enemies and battle economic depressions. How do we fight a silent enemy we cannot see?

I understand those who dismiss global warming as mere climate change. The scope and magnitude of the actions needed to reverse this trend seem overwhelming in light of two wars, an economic semi-depression, a Congress seized by legislative paralysis, and a deeply polarized society. We are weary, battered, frazzled, distrustful, and querulous. Our national plate is full: Atlas prefers to shrug.

Slowly, these responses are being replaced by creeping suspicions, grudging acceptance, and public resignation that global warming is not only a possibility, it is a probability. We know what is happening, why it is happening, and what actions are needed. The fundamental question is when we will summon the public will and national courage to act – and whether our efforts will be too little and too late.

You do know greenland was originially known as greenland because it was green?

greenland.jpg

Greenland-Ice.jpg

I personally care about the environment as much as anyone else, but the fact is in geological time, the patterns of the Earth's life go through cycles and changes over tens of millions of years, people are really overestimating themselves when they think of the lives they live in terms of long and influential to actual weather patterns.

I would agree though that some things people are responsible for, sheer pollutants, attempting to manage wildlife wrongly, hunting something to extinction, destroying complete rain forests, ect, can have sometimes devastating effects on wildlife, but overall, the global warming agenda is a false scare and it's a tool being used by people to bring about a global world government, and that's a global nation where America would be reduced to the standards of living of all the other countries. ..