Alan Cantrell (that's kan-TRAIL) announces retirement, loses over 300 wins

VHSLhelper

Says that 808 is a combined coaching wins... 500 is his Floyd Girls wins.

learn how to read... it SAYS "his 500th career win" in the story, which is wrong.

They also say "Win No. 500 At Floyd County" in the headline... that's also wrong (681).

Then they got the note wrong, too... it was win 818.

They're starting to challenge Williamson & Bluefield in getting things wrong.

"The roll put the Tornado in front, 27-23, before the Falcons responded by turning the tables. The turnabout was good for a 5-2 run that evened the game with a minute to play in the half."

Why the hostility? The title implies that he somehow lost wins... I was just trying to clear that up. He didn't lose any wins, they were just saying that he had 500 wins as head coach of the girls at Floyd whether the facts are correct or not, that is what they were saying.

Sorry if I inferred different.

learn how to read... it SAYS "his 500th career win" in the story, which is wrong.

They also say "Win No. 500 At Floyd County" in the headline... that's also wrong (681).

Then they got the note wrong, too... it was win 818.

They're starting to challenge Williamson & Bluefield in getting things wrong.

"The roll put the Tornado in front, 27-23, before the Falcons responded by turning the tables. The turnabout was good for a 5-2 run that evened the game with a minute to play in the half."

Edited by evophoto

You're being a bit over-dramatic in this case aren't you?

He didn't "lose" any wins.

Alan Cantrell deserves all the accolades.... I have NEVER seen ANY coach in any sport who instills more passion for the game and makes his kids work harder than Alan Cantrell. This man deserves all the praise he can get, not just because of how he coaches, but how he lives. I wish I was half the man that Alan Cantrell is.