SWVA boys to college...

richmondhunters2

Derek Hess from Grundy High to Pikeville College! Congradulations Derek, best of luck in your career in Pikeville and what ever it may be you decide to do as far as the classroom goes as well (which is most important). It was a great honor to watch you lead your young team to a few regional tournaments. I can tell that the game runs in your blood and you will continue to work at getting better. You have some of the best ball handling skills around here! Good luck Derek!

I have heard rumor that Gunner McGee from Richlands High will be heading to Bluefield State. I am not sure if this is correct, but if it is best of luck to you as well. I think you have a good college basketball build and will do just fine with wherever you go! You also have an amazing shot, if you start to heat up, its hard to get you cooled down! Good luck...if anyone has any additional info on his choice please inform!

I am assuming that Mars and Brewster from Graham High will be doing something in athletics in college, also very good players and always very consistent. Brewster with his athleticism and Mars with his knock down shot, also would like some info on where they are headed.

Lucas Shortridge from Twin Valley High to Bluefield College. If he had not went down with a knee injury the BDD and Region D would have been affected, and possibly even the State tournament. I have heard his surgery went fine and will be okay to play in college. The fact that he is 6'4 and a guard helps. He could be the most athletic player to come from SWVA in a long time, knows the game very well, and is gym rat. Good luck Lucas in your career!

Josh Smith from Twin Valley surely is getting a few looks from local schools, his size will hurt overall, but he should wind up somewhere. Wherever it is you go, keep being relentless and working hard and you will do just fine.

I know alot of us always critisize these young men, but they are just in high school. I think they deserve alot of recognition and congradulations for their acheivements! Good luck to all of these boys and represent our area well!

Derek Hess from Grundy High to Pikeville College! Congradulations Derek, best of luck in your career in Pikeville and what ever it may be you decide to do as far as the classroom goes as well (which is most important). It was a great honor to watch you lead your young team to a few regional tournaments. I can tell that the game runs in your blood and you will continue to work at getting better. You have some of the best ball handling skills around here! Good luck Derek!

I have heard rumor that Gunner McGee from Richlands High will be heading to Bluefield State. I am not sure if this is correct, but if it is best of luck to you as well. I think you have a good college basketball build and will do just fine with wherever you go! You also have an amazing shot, if you start to heat up, its hard to get you cooled down! Good luck...if anyone has any additional info on his choice please inform!

I am assuming that Mars and Brewster from Graham High will be doing something in athletics in college, also very good players and always very consistent. Brewster with his athleticism and Mars with his knock down shot, also would like some info on where they are headed.

Lucas Shortridge from Twin Valley High to Bluefield College. If he had not went down with a knee injury the BDD and Region D would have been affected, and possibly even the State tournament. I have heard his surgery went fine and will be okay to play in college. The fact that he is 6'4 and a guard helps. He could be the most athletic player to come from SWVA in a long time, knows the game very well, and is gym rat. Good luck Lucas in your career!

Josh Smith from Twin Valley surely is getting a few looks from local schools, his size will hurt overall, but he should wind up somewhere. Wherever it is you go, keep being relentless and working hard and you will do just fine.

I know alot of us always critisize these young men, but they are just in high school. I think they deserve alot of recognition and congradulations for their acheivements! Good luck to all of these boys and represent our area well!

Marrs is going to UVA to play football as an invited walk on. I think Brewster is going to Emory and Henry but im not sure if he is playing basketball or soccer.

Just to add to the list from GW:

Brandon Atwell: Ohio University (Football)

Drew Lester: UVA (Football)

Aaron Wheeler: Carson-Newman (Football)

Randy Divers: Emory and Henry (Football)

Tyler Akers: Roanoke College (Basketball)

Kenneth Waugh: Bridgewater Colelge (Basketball)

Tristan Boysaw: Conisdering Roanoke College, Avrett University, Lynchburg College (Basketball)

Woody Wilder: Greensboro College (Soccer)

I thought college for you boys was your first year of high school!

I think Brewster is going to Emory and Henry but im not sure if he is playing basketball or soccer.

I've heard he's not playing anything. But who knows really? Either way he should continue to play in college in either sport.