24 ending this season

BigD4VT

It was just announced that this will be the final season of 24. Can't believe the two greatest shows in TV history, 24 and LOST, are ending at the same time. TV is going to suck again...

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b173774_time_finally_runs_out_on_24.html

I don't think you can put "Lost" in the pantheon, but I think you can make a great case for 24.

I don't think you can put "Lost" in the pantheon, but I think you can make a great case for 24.

LOST is one of the most brilliant shows ever made but I guess it's not for everyone. I've been a 24 fanatic since day one but I knew the end had to be coming soon. There are only so many different ways Jack can save the world. Still hate to see it go though.

LOST is one of the most brilliant shows ever made but I guess it's not for everyone. I've been a 24 fanatic since day one but I knew the end had to be coming soon. There are only so many different ways Jack can save the world. Still hate to see it go though.

The biggest thing lost has against it, IMO, is duration. It just wasn't on anywhere near long enough. If it had 2-3 more seasons, then I'd be more willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

The biggest thing lost has against it, IMO, is duration. It just wasn't on anywhere near long enough. If it had 2-3 more seasons, then I'd be more willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I think I get what you're saying but it was the producers decision to end it after 6 seasons, not the network's. They could have stretched it out 2-3 more seasons but not without a bunch of lame story lines that wouldn't have contributed to the main story. Back in season 3 that's exactly what they were doing, writing boring "filler" because they didn't know how long they would have to stretch it out. They weren't happy with that (and neither were the fans) so they went to ABC and asked them to commit to ending the series after the 6th season. ABC agreed and every scene of every episode since has been important to the story ever since.

I watched a couple of seasons of 24 early on, but haven't been keeping up with it lately. It's a ton of fun and I hate to see it go off.

Have any of you seen the show Human Target? The fight scenes are ridiculous, the plot lines are ridiculous... but i LOVE it. Hahaha, it's a show worth watching.

I never got into 24, but I love LOST.

On a side note. Does anyone watch Dexter on Showtime? I just finished season 2 on Netflix and Season 3 is on the way. If you have Netflix you can stream the first two seasons online. It is really an incredible show!