Princeton/Tazewell

All I can say is WOW! Congrats Tigers. I gotta wonder if Pctn sandbagged against Graham the other day? Or if Tazewell just didn't show up against Princeton? Pctn didn't play all that great against Graham and then beat Tazewell who destroyed Graham...guess that's why they play the game.

Edited by frito gonzales

All I can say is WOW! Congrats Tigers. I gotta wonder if Pctn sandbagged against Graham the other day? Or if Tazewell just didn't show up against Princeton? Pctn didn't play all that great great against Graham and then beat Tazewell who destroyed Graham...guess that's why they play the game.

Seems to be a LOT of parity in SWVA this season.

Well, except for Graham.

Seems to be a LOT of parity in SWVA this season.

Well, except for Graham.

So much of high school baseball depends on who you pitch. Per the article it appears that Tazewell is much more concerned with district play than the Coppinger, as well they should be.

AFTERNOON UPDATE: Princeton forfeits Coppinger win

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

BLUEFIELD — The Princeton Tigers’ baseball team has forfeited its 5-2 win over Tazewell on Thursday night in the Coppinger Invitational. According to Princeton principal Jack Parker, a player that had been ejected from a previous game should not have been allowed to play because of a WVSSAC rule that calls for a three-game suspension when that it occurs. Tazewell will now re-enter the Coppinger, and will play Galax on Saturday in the 1 p.m. semifinal at Bowen Field.

Life has many choices---eternity two

AFTERNOON UPDATE: Princeton forfeits Coppinger win

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

BLUEFIELD — The Princeton Tigers’ baseball team has forfeited its 5-2 win over Tazewell on Thursday night in the Coppinger Invitational. According to Princeton principal Jack Parker, a player that had been ejected from a previous game should not have been allowed to play because of a WVSSAC rule that calls for a three-game suspension when that it occurs. Tazewell will now re-enter the Coppinger, and will play Galax on Saturday in the 1 p.m. semifinal at Bowen Field.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Yikes!

Yikes!

wow! really?

reminds me of 97 football season when we forfeited games cause of our RB being a few days too old.....i think forfeitures are a little dumb, a future penalty would be more appropriate

reminds me of 97 football season when we forfeited games cause of our RB being a few days too old.....i think forfeitures are a little dumb, a future penalty would be more appropriate

What year was it that Tazewell thought they ended their season-plus losing streak against Lebanon, only that Tazewell used a 19-year-old HB? Then the Bulldogs ran the table in reverse after that. Same season, perhaps?

What year was it that Tazewell thought they ended their season-plus losing streak against Lebanon, only that Tazewell used a 19-year-old HB? Then the Bulldogs ran the table in reverse after that. Same season, perhaps?

yep same season.....my sophomore year......bulldogs 52 would know about this year well...lol