Obama popularity up

the watcher

Reason: People don't give a rat's hindquarters about the healthcare plan when the media is fixated on the Gulf of Mexico. Also, Obama's team is (wisely) playing this as "BP vs. U.S.A.", and it's gaining him brownie points.

Moral of story: there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Some people just do not get it . Your personal views do not necessarily represent the majority of Americans . In fact , that was the story in the last election . Most of the people live in the northern and tidewater regions . Obama won Virginia and the more populous states. Your views in southwest Va do not represent majority views of Americans . I am not saying they cannot but if they continue certain political tactics , they will continue to lose ground!

Some people just do not get it . Your personal views do not necessarily represent the majority of Americans . In fact , that was the story in the last election . Most of the people live in the northern and tidewater regions . Obama won Virginia and the more populous states. Your views in southwest Va do not represent majority views of Americans . I am not saying they cannot but if they continue certain political tactics , they will continue to lose ground!

I get it!!!! You've lost your mind!!!!!

I live in Charlotte, NC, not Southwest Virginia.

It's the Huffington Post for God's sake!

They are practically the MEDIA-WING of the White House, the President has even endorsed them, what do you expect? These folks are worse than MSNBC and that is saying a lot....

It's the Huffington Post for God's sake!

They are practically the MEDIA-WING of the White House, the President has even endorsed them, what do you expect? These folks are worse than MSNBC and that is saying a lot....

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that believes that the Huffington Post is complete garbage...

Did you seriously just link a post from the Huffington Post and claim it as something positive for a far-left politician? Seriously? That's like bin Laden taking a poll and saying Al Qaeda is more popular than the USA. There are no (none, nil, nada, zilch) legitimate polls out now that have der President rising in popularity. In fact, most have him at all-time lows.

Amen! Remember in November!

iF YOU VOTE ANOTHER BUSH IN THE DEFICIT WILL GET WORSE UNLESS THE ECONOMY GROWS . THE BUSH TAX CUTS AND INCREASED SPENDING DO NOT EQUAL OUT . WE NEED TO LOOK AT CUTTING WASTEFUL MILITARY SPENDING . AND SOME OF YOU SINCE YOU SINCE YOU DO NOT WANT SOCIAL SECURITY SHOUD WORK AND HAVE NO RIGHT TO HEALTH INSURANCE UNTIL YOU ARE AT LEAST 70!

iF YOU VOTE ANOTHER BUSH IN THE DEFICIT WILL GET WORSE UNLESS THE ECONOMY GROWS . THE BUSH TAX CUTS AND INCREASED SPENDING DO NOT EQUAL OUT . WE NEED TO LOOK AT CUTTING WASTEFUL MILITARY SPENDING . AND SOME OF YOU SINCE YOU SINCE YOU DO NOT WANT SOCIAL SECURITY SHOUD WORK AND HAVE NO RIGHT TO HEALTH INSURANCE UNTIL YOU ARE AT LEAST 70!

Huh? Could you say that again, and maybe type it so that it makes sense? I pay for my own insurance. I don’t need the government’s help. But I really don’t know what you are trying to say. Are you saying because I don’t support Obamacare, I as an American don’t deserve to have social security or insurance? I’ve paid into SS for 40 years my friend.

Edited by blueinbama

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty percent (40%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -15 (see trends).

Fifty percent (50%) of Democrats Strongly Approve. Sixty-nine percent (69%) of Republicans Strongly Disapprove as do 45% of unaffiliated voters.

Check out our review of last week’s key polls to see “What They Told Us.”

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve. It is updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). Updates are also available on Twitter and Facebook.

Overall, 45% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. Fifty-four percent (54%) disapprove.

Be sure and check out the graph entitled "Presidential Job Approval" in the center of this article. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Here is enough for me to give Obama a thumbs down that I will never change:

Bucyrus jobs at risk

Milwaukee Examiner - June 27, 2010

We have the government to thank for yet another hit to the local Milwaukee economy. According to a report by Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Rick Barrett, 1000 jobs at Bucyrus jobs could be lost due to a decision by the U.S. Import Bank. 300 of those jobs would be lost at the South Milwaukee facility. Bucyrus International is the worlds largest maker of mining equipment. They employ about 1400 in the South Milwaukee headquarters.

Late this week the Export-Import Bank rejected financing for Reliance Power Ltd to equipment to mine coal for a coal fired power plant in India. The decision will wipe out a $600 million dollar sale of Bucyrus equipment needed to mine the coal for the power plant located in Sasan India.

The bank has recently adopted a climate control policy. Chairman Fred Hochberg said in a statement " After careful deliberation, the Export-Import Bank board voted not to proceed with this project because of the environmental impact."

This is an Obama administration decision. The decision was recommended by the State and Treasury departments.

This hurts U.S. business because China currently offers discount financing on mining equipment it makes. Companies will simply buy from China. China is one of the worst polluters in the world so the decision will have no positive effect on the climate. All this does is hurt American busineess, especially in our local economy.

The administration is determined to push their green jobs agenda. Coal is a dirty word to Obama. Even Doyle who pushed his own climate bill in Wisconsin does not agree with this decision. Doyle said "My discussions with the bank chairman were hardly confidence building." "They really cannot justify their decision except somehow, somebody told them that if the word coal is anywhere in a plan, then they can't move forward with it."

Congressmen Paul Ryan ® of Wisconsin also sees the long term implications of this administration policy. " This is an ominous preview of the economic damage from Washington's environmental overreach." Should they fail to overturn this decision, the admnistration is sending a clear signal to the Midwest that political ideology is a higher priority than the livelihoods of Wisconsin families."

Senator Kohl (D) has also met with bank officials about the loan. "It is surprising and diappointing that in this difficult economy the bank has passed on this opportunity to create good paying jobs." "While I am aware of the environmental concerns, denying this deal doesn't prevent a coal power plant from being built, It only ensures that the jobs connected to it are not American."

We cannot afford to lose any more jobs in Wisconsin, especially jobs that pay family sustaining wages. The Obama administration seems determined to destroy business after business in America and hand our competitive advantage to other countries. Maybe this is what Obama meant by "spreading the wealth". He is leveling the playing field that will hurt us for years to come.

Predictably environmental groups like the Sierra club fully back this decision. Oliver Bernstein spokesman for the club said this in a statement Saturday " Coal is the dirtiest form of energy that exists. There is no such thing as "clean coal". "Green technology is the fastest way to help the environment and create jobs that last."

The promise of clean green jobs is myth. One that has failed misearably in other countries like Spain. Not all coal plants are dirty. Most of our electricity in Wisconsin is fired by some of the cleanest coal fired plants in the nation. The continued green agenda promoted by radical enviornmentalists and the Obama administration will cost us more jobs and raise prices for carbon based energy. As the fall elections apprach you must decide whose agenda you want to follow. Do you want a lilberal progressive agenda of pie in the sky green jobs and skyrocketing engergy prices? Or do you want an economically secure future based on the clean and responsible use of carbon based energy? The country elected Obama not fully understanding his liberal progressive agenda. The agenda can be changed by voting into office conservatives who will protect our environment without the sacrifice of family sustaining jobs.