Abingdon/Richlands...

dshreeves

With all the talk that goes on between the supporters of both schools here, i was curious about one thing. I cannot remember the last time Abingdon actually BEAT Richlands. Seems like Abingdon played them tough 3-4 years ago but lost 20-14 but that's still a loss. I'm sure someone here can tell us the last time it actually happened.

With all the talk that goes on between the supporters of both schools here, i was curious about one thing. I cannot remember the last time Abingdon actually BEAT Richlands. Seems like Abingdon played them tough 3-4 years ago but lost 20-14 but that's still a loss. I'm sure someone here can tell us the last time it actually happened.

I'm 51 and I don't know if I was alive then..........LOL ! Just Joking falconman !

I'm sure he'll have all the facts and be able to tell us.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Abingdon never could hold Richlands slop bucket.:D

Oh... aren't you cute.......you made a funny....slop bucket......that's gooood !

Actually it's " jock strap " but if slop bucket is all you know then that's ok !

I maybe wrong but I think the last time Abingdon beat Richlands in football was sometime in the 80's.

I maybe wrong but I think the last time Abingdon beat Richlands in football was sometime in the 80's.

All i could find were results going back the last 7 years. Richlands has won by an average of 41-11 in those games. I'd bet you're correct about it being back in the 80's. http://www.vhsl-reference.com/mastergames_allyears_byteam_rivals.cfm?ID2=10581&ID=10258

All i could find were results going back the last 7 years. Richlands has won by an average of 41-11 in those games. I'd bet you're correct about it being back in the 80's. http://www.vhsl-reference.com/mastergames_allyears_byteam_rivals.cfm?ID2=10581&ID=10258

I'm still waiting for falconman to come on here and give us the facts....LOL !

Wow......41 to 11 I didn't know it was that bad !

I know we lost to Abingdon in 88. That's when the Blues went from a playoff year in 87 to a 1-9 year in 88. The only win was against the G-Men in overtime at Mitchell.

Wow.....1-9.....I had forgot about that season and now I know why.....LOL ! We've been lucky and blessed to not have many seasons like that.

I think if my memory serves me right, the coach that year was Billy Haun. Man, that's been a few years ago !