Question

Blue_Crue

I have heard Pctn gets the gate. Also, I know a lot of folks were upset over giving away this gate and not being able to afford to take the band to Cave Springs last Friday.

Okay... this is the post that got a lot of this started.

We have a "I heard"... can anyone give us a "I know"?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey UVAObserver you talk more S**t about you alma mater than anyone i know of....so what if Coach Marrs changes a game from saturday to friday to see his son...who will in fact be dressing for that game......he dresses for all the home games so chill with that 0.00% bull crap...it shouldnt matter when or where you play a team should be able to play good at any moment of any day and you know that so quit complaining and go watch your team that week at princeton

No, we support the kids, it' the people in charge taking the team in the wrong direction that we talk crap about.....we want what's best for the kids.

Edited by futbolking

Add me to that mix. It's beyond our control, though: many reasons pertaining to population loss and lack of industry that I've covered in exhaustive detail in other places in this forum.

But O'Neal's hands are almost tied in this one. There comes a time when it just becomes unfair to the students to make them compete against much larger numbers, and I think now is it.

I think the single A move is bigger than just football....it really IS unfair to kids in all sports...They do deserve an even playing field....and it is long overdue. The world does not revolve around football, althought it would be nice if it did. the other kids at the school deserve to experience success... A school of 500 just cannot compete with a school of 1400 or 1500 students on a consistent basis...when Graham teams make it to Regionals, they are usually embarassed by the other schoools, it's LONG OVERDUE. I support Mr. Oneal 100% on this....

BUT trust me, single A football at the D-2 level is REALLY REALLY GOOD, except for the MED, which Graham is moving to. Graham will not be able to compete come playoff time. Grayson County usually walks through that district only to get pounded come playoff time. I doubt Graham could beat Grayson County or even Fort Chiswell in the MED this season...

Graham needs to continue to have a strong football program, they will fare no better in single A....the likes of Gate City, Giles, Radford, Floyd, Gretna, Essex...and the list goes on will pound Graham as bad or worse than any opponent they would meet in the Region IV Division 3 playoffs (except for maybe Richlands or Cave Spring).

The only way Graham continues to have a strong program, is to take it in a new direction....I think Marrs has given too much power to Coach Jones and if Marrs stays on as coach, he needs to take control of that defense or get somebody in there who knows what they're doing, because Jones in my opinion has totally destroyed Graham's defense and is teaching those kids the wrong things. Also, although I like some of the assistants on staff, I don't know if they have the right assistants over there doing the job. Seems to me that there are some good coaches around the system, but they're not helping with the high school team. Get the best folks you can in there and do it right...former players shouldn't get handed an assistant coaching job because they are former players....get somebody in there that can teach the kids and tell them how to play the game...

Edited by futbolking