WVU Hogan charged with DUI

beaverbaseball

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5568370

West Virginia starting cornerback Brandon Hogan was charged with DUI early Sunday morning in Morgantown.

Mountaineers coach Bill Stewart told the Charleston Daily Mail that he was aware of Hogan's arrest and was gathering facts before making a decision on Hogan's playing status. According to the paper, Hogan was pulled over around 3 a.m. Sunday morning after police spotted him driving the wrong way down a one-way street.

A senior, Hogan was named to the Thorpe Award preseason watch list and is arguably the best cornerback in the Big East. He has 11 tackles and an interception this season for the 2-0 Mountaineers, who host Maryland on Saturday.

Hogan has also been in and out of Stewart's doghouse and spent much of this spring running stairs instead of practicing for being out of shape, skipping classes and receiving a citation for disorderly conduct and public urination.

Brian Bennett covers Big East football for ESPN.com.

It wouldn't surprise me if he gets just another slap on the wrist and Stew moves on with him. Heck, before last season Jock Sanders had been arrested 7 times and we all know how far his discplinary action went.

He'll catch a severe punishment like being suspended for the first defensive series against Maryland or something... ;)

when someone's team is doing terrible and posts something like this to make them feel terrible....chances are he will be suspended mulitiple games or be kicked off by stewart. Kid made a horrible decision period....I can't wait to something pops up for other schools I will be the first one to post it....geez get a life.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
when someone's team is doing terrible and posts something like this to make them feel terrible....chances are he will be suspended mulitiple games or be kicked off by stewart. Kid made a horrible decision period....I can't wait to something pops up for other schools I will be the first one to post it....geez get a life.

Beaverbaseball is a WVU fan??? So I'm not sure what you are getting at here bud.

Beaverbaseball is a WVU fan??? So I'm not sure what you are getting at here bud.

i was ingnorant for making a rant as soon as I get home...dumb post by myself...i take full blame...these kids piss me off with their decisions.....he is a good player...just pisses me off.knee jurk reaction i apologize ban me for a couple of days gman...it would make me feel better....let me back on in about a week..ha ha..thanks

Guest StoneyCalhoun
i was ingnorant for making a rant as soon as I get home...dumb post by myself...i take full blame...these kids piss me off with their decisions.....he is a good player...just pisses me off.knee jurk reaction i apologize ban me for a couple of days gman...it would make me feel better....let me back on in about a week..ha ha..thanks

I love your attitude and see where you are coming from!

it's all good man, don't sweat it..I'm a huge WVU fan but I figured I'd post it just see everyone's opinions....Honestly even though Hogan did wrong I hope he doesn't get kicked off the team or suspended indefinetly because he is by far our best defender