who is top 4 teams in rgion d div 2 at this point?

fridaynightfun

Lebanon with there QB they are a different team

Honaker Tough to beat

JS Battle Improved but may be a year away

VA High have talent but seem to lack fundamentals

JJ Kelly Fundamentally sound but may lack power and explosive ability by the backs

PV tough, if they develop some passing and open it up a bit could be really difficult to beat

Lee have the pieces but may also be a year away

I would say the other playoff teams will be JJK, VA High and Honaker(not predicting them as district champs just power points)

Its close though they are all on about the same level

I think Gate City and JJ Kelly are probably locks at 1 and 2 at this point.*

(* yes i realize they have to win, etc.. this is just an opinion)

Honaker, Powell Valley, VaHigh, Lee, Lebanon, and John Battle will all battle for the 3rd and 4th spots. Barring some serious upsets, it looks like at the very least a 6-4 and possibly a 5-5 team could get in. If something weird happens could be a 4-6 team. If this year is any indication no way they need to expand the playoffs in Region D. If Lee could win out that would make things very interesting. Looks like district games will mean as much as non-district matchups this year.

Honaker Tough to beat

JJ Kelly Fundamentally sound but may lack power and explosive ability by the backs

PV tough, if they develop some passing and open it up a bit could be really difficult to beat

I would say the other playoff teams will be JJK, VA High and Honaker(not predicting them as district champs just power points)

gate city....? haha

Honaker Tough to beat

Kelly would have to screw up big time not to get in there. haha

Honaker Tough to beat

Way off base on JJK friend. We have been the sloppiest 6-0 team in the state,and have been nowhere near fundamentally sound as we need to be (that must change Friday night or we'll be 6-1). Turnovers and senseless flags have allowed teams on our slate to hang around. As for explosive/power backs, Brandon Osborne has big play potential everytime he touches the ball,and adding Robert Smith to the backfield (kid hits hole fast and hard) has really given the TRIBE a shot to house it with each touch.