Bluefield-James Monroe radio feed down?

BeaverHokie

Yep, me too. "Our office is closed..."

I've been in town a lot more lately, and while I like the music mix on The Eagle, I am guessing it is pretty much 100% piped in from elsewhere, with John Boy&Billy, and Greg Kihn, and whoever else is on there. There's a toll-free studio line listed on the website, but I suspect that goes somewhere else, too.

Yep, me too. "Our office is closed..."

I've been in town a lot more lately, and while I like the music mix on The Eagle, I am guessing it is pretty much 100% piped in from elsewhere, with John Boy&Billy, and Greg Kihn, and whoever else is on there. There's a toll-free studio line listed on the website, but I suspect that goes somewhere else, too.

Try the toll-free number, or I will. Just let me know...

Try the toll-free number, or I will. Just let me know...

I tried it, it goes to the greg Kihn studio. So much for that. Ought to leave nasty messages for all the extensions at the in-town number, tell them they need a freaking studio line. That assumes they have something that functions as a studio these days.

Related, I guess...the audio quality of the games stinks in the last 10-15 years. No idea if they went all cheap on how they get the audio from the stadium to the station, but it sounded about 100 times better back in the Jim Nelson days, and not just because his voice was as smooth as butter. I have to guess they use a really cheap method to get the data stream from the stadium there.

What on earth has happened to James Monroe this year? That is usually a pretty good team, consistent playoff team. Did they have some key injuries, coaching change, plague and pestilence?

They got what they wanted, Jackson back as head coach. They've steadily regressed, at least in my eyes, since Whitt stepped down following 2007.

Bob Redd said sophomore...go figure.LOL. JM just scored 48-10

Redd is the best source for Beaver football...:rolleyes:

Seriously though, Leggett has a chance to be a very, very good player moving forward. He's built like a bulldozer and has some serious speed.

Redd is the best source for Beaver football...:rolleyes:

Seriously though, Leggett has a chance to be a very, very good player moving forward. He's built like a bulldozer and has some serious speed.

Redd gets on my nerves...Try to find opposing teams radio stations.

Redd gets on my nerves...Try to find opposing teams radio stations.

Redd seems like a nice enough guy. I don't know specifics, but I think he spends a lot of time right down the street from my dad, at someone else's house, and my dad says he's nice enough. And there's no doubt he tries really hard. But he just doesn't have a radio voice. The guy that filled in for him a few weeks ago, had a better voice, but had even less feel for the game and telling the listener what was happening.

Always hate to sound like a broken record, as I know those days are over, but I really miss Jim Nelson calling the Bluefield games.

Poor radio work compounded by a poor radio feed, it's a darned shame.