Bluefield-James Monroe radio feed down?

BeaverHokie

69 yard run by Freshman Montel Leggett...Bluefield takes knee on two point conversion...54-20. 3:04 left.

Freddie is a good guy to do that, to have his guys take a knee on the PAT. He's playing a lot of young kids, too.

Even with a W next week at Wayne can we get into the top 3? Magnolia and Ravenswood both have pushover games next week and GW is done for the season...Leaving all three at 10-0

It's possible for us to out point G. West for the #3 seed. However, the #4 seed might be more idea if Ravenswood ends up at #1 b/c there's a solid chance they won't make the final four, which means could potentially end up with three home playoff games. All of this means nothing though unless we beat Wayne next week.

Even with a W next week at Wayne can we get into the top 3? Magnolia and Ravenswood both have pushover games next week and GW is done for the season...Leaving all three at 10-0

If we win next week I think we pass GW...I will let the smarter ones figure it out.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
If we win next week I think we pass GW...I will let the smarter ones figure it out.

Bluefield needs 18 points to tie West next week. If Wayne's wins all have come against AA or higher opponents, then we will recieve 17 points. That means we need one more win from anyone.

It looks like though Wayne may only be worth 7 bonus points, must be the Chesapeake team is A.

Not sure about the tiebreaker... *** Ok we have to have more bonus points, which we won't have. So, we need three teams to win. Princeton, Graham, MV, Oak Hill, Gate City, William Fleming.

HOWEVER, we may get a point for William Fleming and Gate City this week, the score is not listed yet.

Maybe I should have waited to write this post lol

One more thing, OH and MV play each other next week, that is a definite point, so maybe we are already close, but GW may get bonus points. Dang it back to the drawing board lol.

Edited by StoneyCalhoun

Someone has to be at the studio directing the broadcast and running the commercial breaks.

Nope. Dirk proved that a month ago. Ask Lloyd.. he did a game straight thru 1 night... no scores, no spots.

Seriously, the technology to run a game without a DJ has existed for MANY a year. Thing is, if ANYTHING goes wrong, you're screwed. I think that if I weren't here, Ron would be doing that already. But when the game is away, there wouldn't be any scoreboards from 9:30 until he got back from Gate City or Hillsville or whereever.

Bluefield needs 18 points to tie West next week. If Wayne's wins all have come against AA or higher opponents, then we will recieve 17 points. That means we need one more win from anyone.

It looks like though Wayne may only be worth 7 bonus points, must be the Chesapeake team is A.

Not sure about the tiebreaker... *** Ok we have to have more bonus points, which we won't have. So, we need three teams to win. Princeton, Graham, MV, Oak Hill, Gate City, William Fleming.

HOWEVER, we may get a point for William Fleming and Gate City this week, the score is not listed yet.

Maybe I should have waited to write this post lol

One more thing, OH and MV play each other next week, that is a definite point, so maybe we are already close, but GW may get bonus points. Dang it back to the drawing board lol.

Both Gate City and William Fleming won tonight.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
Both Gate City and William Fleming won tonight.

Right, I knew they had won, but dont know if he gave us the bonus points and didnt record the score...

I dont think there is any way for us to jump GW, if so it will be hard. If Oak Hill beats MV, that bonus point is moot because GW beat OH also...

Right, I knew they had won, but dont know if he gave us the bonus points and didnt record the score...

I dont think there is any way for us to jump GW, if so it will be hard. If Oak Hill beats MV, that bonus point is moot because GW beat OH also...

GO Mount View!!!

Guest StoneyCalhoun

Ok so here is my final stats!

At max, GW can end up with 118 points. That means OH beats MV, Fayetteville beats Indy, and richwood upsets Meadow Bridge. None of these wins make them 115.

Bluefield currently has 97/99 points, depending on the Gate City and WF points being counted or not. I would bet they have 99.

With a win next week, that would give BLU 16 points, giving them a total of 115. They will get one point for the OH/MV game, making it 116.

They way I see it, Bluefield wins and gets points from Gate City leaving us with 117. Oak Hill wins and so does Fayetteville, giving us a tie in points, and we lose the tiebreaker.

I do not see Princeton, William Fleming, or Graham winning unfortunately, but if they do, hello #4!

Edited by StoneyCalhoun

Bluefield currently has 99 points for a rating of 11.00. Gate City finished their season last night, so they cannot give us anymore bonus points. The max points we can get next week with a win is 17 including the point from OH/MV. The chances of Princeton and Graham winning are nearly zero with Fleming's chances against GW Danville not much better. I personally want Bluefield and Magnolia on opposite sides of the bracket for a potential Wheeling matchup if both are fortunate enough to get there.

Bluefield currently has 99 points for a rating of 11.00. Gate City finished their season last night, so they cannot give us anymore bonus points. The max points we can get next week with a win is 17 including the point from OH/MV. The chances of Princeton and Graham winning are nearly zero with Fleming's chances against GW Danville not much better. I personally want Bluefield and Magnolia on opposite sides of the bracket for a potential Wheeling matchup if both are fortunate enough to get there.

"Playoff Tiebreaking Procedures

(B)

If a tie still exists which cannot be resolved by (A), the wins of their defeated opponents will be totaled and the team with the most bonus points in their class or higher as computed by the WVSSAC Rating Plan will be selected or moved up for pairings."

GWs bonus points for their wins over A teams dont count in the tiebreaker, is what im taking from tiebreaker B....

i see only one scenario that greenbrier west outpoints bluefield if bluefield beats wayne. ironically, it boils down to the mount view / oak hill game. if oak hill wins, both bluefield and greenbrier west get the point and greenbrier west gets the 3 seed, blfd is 4th. mt view wins blfd gets a point greenbrier west does not. if bluefield gets a point from any one else, graham, princeton, or fleming, they get the 3 seed, greenbrier w is 4th.