Congrats Hurley

NewHampshireRed

Hurley played a fine came and come up short 24-8 after being down 12-8 near the entire game. Congrats Burton and good luck in the playoffs.

definetley a better outing than we had with them.good job rebels.

"Football is a game of inches", I hate to use a quote from a Oliver Stone movie but it was the truth today. I would have liked to seen the Rebels scored before halftime with the 4th and short on the 1 but it wasn't in the cards. 14-6 would have been nice coming out in third quarter but that is how it goes in this football world.

I am pretty emotional as I write this because I love each of those boys as if they were my own. I hate to see it end but all good things must come to an end. I am so proud of all the seniors because I have watched all you boys since you were the age of my son and it saddens me that I never get to see you guys together again on the field.

I am also proud of all the underclassmen, the 9th and 10th. graders who played like champions today. You guys are good bunch and I think you guys will continue building a good program.

You seniors and juniors, I will always remember you guys and I want to thank you for the special memories. You guys are fine young men and your moms,dads,grandparents and all your family should be proud of you. I know I am, so thanks for the memories!

the seniors of this yr have been our pride and joy for a very long time. you never realize how much something means to you til its over or gone. but the good thing is, we have another good group of boys comin up as well. these seniors are a very special group and always stick together. i wish them the best in the future, whatever they choose to do. and i want to wish the underclassmen the good luck for more great seasons like these boys have had. they took the record from 0-10 to 7-4. the game they played today was one of the best games i think i have ever seen. the rebels didn't take none from the raiders. they came out and played to their potential. we played a lot of defense and our backs got a lil banged up and couldnt keep our offense clicking at the end. but it was a good run with this program. we will miss these boys very much and can't wait for next season to start all over again!!

I am really proud, everyone underestimated these young men for their talent.

It hurt to lose but I have to honestly say, that was the best birtday present a father could have ask for , to see my son play on that field, knowing that had always been his and his buddies' dreams to be together playing at the playoffs....I have grown attached to these young men and have been around since they were little, and have seen them go through different phases in their lives...they accomplished what they had set out to do and that was to make it to the playoffs and they did.....they are leaders and will do what they set out to in their lives in the future, underclassmen and seniors. Me and my better half (my wife) want you guys to know, we couldn't be prouder to have been a part of your childhood and adulthood....we made it and it was a blast all those years...we can look back and tell all the good times we have had to your kids one day...to the underclassmen, to took the challenge from the seniors to stand up and take that plunge to better yourselves on that field and you proved you could play and stand with the best of them..I commend you guys did a great job....you taped back up and said, I want to finish this game and went back out ....you are a wonderful group of young men, you say you are not playing anymore because it wont be the same, yes you can, just take what the seniors have left you with, the stepping stones they have laid you to you and use it nest year....meaning all the challenges that Big John HIT you with and use it as experience for the next team....Farewell to a great football club, "To those of the 2010 team, will be remembered as a great team, with the HEART of the NFL, they can't say you guys didn't play with heart....you did. We love and will miss you guys!

Congrats on a great season! I never thought the game would be like this, it appears that you guys brought back a little tradition and came to play today. It is great to see a Buchanan County team making a strong stand in the playoffs against a quality team. My hat is off to Coach Tester and Davis and the rest of the gang, you guys have nothing to be ashamed of, you went down swinging!!

Adams seemed relieved that his club, in its ninth consecutive playoff appearance, was able to advance to its eighth straight regional final.

“We gave up 180 yards in the first half, and we play pretty good defense here,” Adams added. “I’m not surprised. That was a good football team we beat.

“Kudos to coach Tester. They’re legit. They’ve got three or four kids who are playmakers.” (Bristol Herald Courier)

This was frst class by coach Adams. Thats RESPECT

Edited by dogtalk

what can i say but we had a good ride this year i have been with these boys all year and hope to get to help out next year i want another year like this one it was fun i have grown to love them boys and going to miss them when 2a days come back .. congrats to all of the football staff and players job well done you boys gained alot of respect saturday