Links to Poquoson-Richlands Related Stories/Photos

Notus

Poquoson football blog

This blog has a few write-ups about the James Monroe game (Region I final) and the Nottoway game (Region I semifinal) for Poquoson. Several pics at the bottom of the main thread.

Last time I think I'd heard of Nottoway football was in 1986. Nottoway has improved their uniforms since they played Tazewell that year.

Go blue!

He played football at Virginia Tech when Mance was there playing baseball--both scholarship, both good athletes. He used to be the head football coach at Poqouson; he is now the assistant principal there. When he was at Richlands he was an assistant football coach--DBs and Running Backs. His nickname, jokingly amongst the team, was "Acid" because he always had a dazed, distant, really mellow look about him and he talked really slowly--kind of like he used to take to much acid. He was a very nice guy though; never talked down to students; always helpful.

If anybody ever wrestled or has attended an Agie Skeens Tournament in Grundy, Poqouson used to bring cheerleaders to their wrestling matches. Hard nose group; good wrestlers.

Marty PM'd me a few days ago for info on Richlands.. sent him some fb stuff, then I remembered the song, so I put it on their forum Tuesday morning, since the Williamsburg schools are in that district.

http://hrvarsity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13598

Marty PM'd me a few days ago for info on Richlands.. sent him some fb stuff, then I remembered the song, so I put it on their forum Tuesday morning, since the Williamsburg schools are in that district.

http://hrvarsity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13598

That goes a long way explaining things, because that's not a connection everyone would make.

Background story on Poquoson's coach. (Daily Press)

Good luck tomorrow Richlands!

yeah... pretty much takes a long-ago local DJ to pull that out of thin air.

Look for a story on our coaching ties at state in a few hours.

the game preview is up...

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/highschool/dp-spt-poqrichlands-cap-1210-20101210,0,3379033,full.story

Thanks for that link. It is one I would have missed in the morning as I hadn't planned on checking back over there.

I appreciate the guy's pick of Richlands losing 21-20 to his team but don't agree with it. Not sure he realizes how good a team both Cave Spring and Brookville had seeing as how he's so negative about our schedule. But, that's what I love about this sport ... it'll be decided by the kids tomorrow afternoon and we just have to be patient. Can't wait, GO BLUE!