Bluefield VS Pheobus

Guest Highlanders

Well, schools such as Pulaski County & Salem weren't afraid to go up against the best teams in the nation as well as the state. Sure, teams like Pheobus, Independence, & Hoover (AL) have great programs and success but, you can actually strengthen a team like Bluefield by playing against the best.

There's Bluefield playing against Charlotte Country Day and Charlotte Latin who "supposed" to be the top prep schools in North Carolina. I can recall, a 2002 Hidden Valley (Roanoke) football team who had just became in existence beating a good Charlotte Country Day team 56-21 and Giles beating Charlotte Latin a couple of years before that. Bluefield used to become stronger in the old days playing against AAA powers such as Patrick Henry (Roanoke) and Pulaski County.

This just shows how bad West Virginia high school football really is if you aren't willing to play teams in the next level from another state such as Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. If you want to be the best you have to play the best no matter how big, small, and tough a team is.

Giles played Western Guilford from the Greensboro area...beat them 49-30 in 2001 and lost to them 40-21 in 2002. Hidden Valley LOST to Charlotte Country Day 56-21 in 2002...

And the only reason these teams played is because 1) Giles was suffering from the same issues as Bluefield...no one would play them; and 2) Hidden Valley was a new school that needed teams to fill their schedule...also a somewhat similar reason as to why Bluefield plays CCD, and now CL. BTW, Hidden Valley also played Greenbrier East TWICE that season and still only had 9 games on their schedule.

Shut up and go away...

Well, schools such as Pulaski County & Salem weren't afraid to go up against the best teams in the nation as well as the state. Sure, teams like Pheobus, Independence, & Hoover (AL) have great programs and success but, you can actually strengthen a team like Bluefield by playing against the best.

There's Bluefield playing against Charlotte Country Day and Charlotte Latin who "supposed" to be the top prep schools in North Carolina. I can recall, a 2002 Hidden Valley (Roanoke) football team who had just became in existence beating a good Charlotte Country Day team 56-21 and Giles beating Charlotte Latin a couple of years before that. Bluefield used to become stronger in the old days playing against AAA powers such as Patrick Henry (Roanoke) and Pulaski County.

This just shows how bad West Virginia high school football really is if you aren't willing to play teams in the next level from another state such as Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. If you want to be the best you have to play the best no matter how big, small, and tough a team is.

You really need to grow a brain and go away. You are clueless.

So I went to National Sports Rankings and used their little simulator thingy and entered both teams as 2010 and even made Bluefield the home team. Now, because National Sports Rankings doesn't know a whole lot about shutouts, divisions, and all around beatdowns it still says that without a doubt, if both teams played 25 times the average margin of victory is 21 points. This leads me to conclude that National Sports Rankings does understand that when a team is up by 35 at halftime that it will probably send in the JV's. Here you can see below that National Sports Rankings likely awarded Pheobus their first half points and the set of points you see for Bluefield are after Pheobus's 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th strings have all left the game. I can't be sure however, these scores might merely be the predicted halftime scores although I don't remember seeing an option about that. This also leads me to believe that National Sports Rankings might know a little about travel by muting the entire scale of the beatdown to account for the long haul from the Hampton Roads to quaint Bluefield, WV.

Here are some of the classic beatdowns predicted by a computer...

Pheobus 40, Bluefield 13

Pheobus 44, Bluefield 9

Pheobus 31, Bluefield 3

Phoebus 35, Bluefield 11

Pheobus 32, Bluefield 9

Pheobus 35, Bluefield 3

Pheobus 42, Bluefield 6

Pheobus 49, Bluefield 11

Another point is that National Sports Rankings believes that 11 points is an extremely common point total for a losing team. Not only will your team kick three field goals, they'll also get a safety. Or score a touchdown and get two safeties. Or score a touchdown, convert a two point conversion, and then kick a fieldgoal. All scenarios are complete bullisht for a team like Bluefield to accomplish against a roaring team of rabid orcs like Pheobus.

We can all agree that National Sports Rankings' simulator is full of isht, but one thing it and I can agree on is that Pheobus would run the train on Bluefield. Hard. Mercilessly. And often.

Guest The Variable
All scenarios are complete bullisht for a team like Bluefield to accomplish against a roaring team of rabid orcs like Pheobus.

We can all agree that National Sports Rankings' simulator is full of isht, but one thing it and I can agree on is that Pheobus would run the train on Bluefield. Hard. Mercilessly. And often.

A great read for a Thursday morning laugh. Great illustration here. :)

So I went to National Sports Rankings and used their little simulator thingy and entered both teams as 2010 and even made Bluefield the home team. Now, because National Sports Rankings doesn't know a whole lot about shutouts, divisions, and all around beatdowns it still says that without a doubt, if both teams played 25 times the average margin of victory is 21 points. This leads me to conclude that National Sports Rankings does understand that when a team is up by 35 at halftime that it will probably send in the JV's. Here you can see below that National Sports Rankings likely awarded Pheobus their first half points and the set of points you see for Bluefield are after Pheobus's 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th strings have all left the game. I can't be sure however, these scores might merely be the predicted halftime scores although I don't remember seeing an option about that. This also leads me to believe that National Sports Rankings might know a little about travel by muting the entire scale of the beatdown to account for the long haul from the Hampton Roads to quaint Bluefield, WV.

Here are some of the classic beatdowns predicted by a computer...

Pheobus 40, Bluefield 13

Pheobus 44, Bluefield 9

Pheobus 31, Bluefield 3

Phoebus 35, Bluefield 11

Pheobus 32, Bluefield 9

Pheobus 35, Bluefield 3

Pheobus 42, Bluefield 6

Pheobus 49, Bluefield 11

Another point is that National Sports Rankings believes that 11 points is an extremely common point total for a losing team. Not only will your team kick three field goals, they'll also get a safety. Or score a touchdown and get two safeties. Or score a touchdown, convert a two point conversion, and then kick a fieldgoal. All scenarios are complete bullisht for a team like Bluefield to accomplish against a roaring team of rabid orcs like Pheobus.

Awesome.

Guest Highlanders

I can really tell that you're from deep Southwest Virginia because of your sheer ignorance. For your information, Hidden Valley beat Charlotte Country Day. I think the SWVA schedule got it mixed up somehow.

What's wrong with Bluefield having some competition. Maybe Pheobus is a little too much for them, but I think someone like Amherst County (near Lynchburg) or Brookville would be good competition for the Beavers. However, I think Pheobus would be a perfect match for the G-Men. Physical vs the extremely weak.

Guest Highlanders

I KNOW that you probably voted for Morgan Griffith for House of Representatives this past November. I would just like to say to you as well as the rest of Tazewell County. Good Luck because, Griffith is going to do away with Tazewell County and Southwest Virginia. Be careful who you vote for because you might just end up in the gutter!

I can really tell that you're from deep Southwest Virginia because of your sheer ignorance. For your information, Hidden Valley beat Charlotte Country Day. I think the SWVA schedule got it mixed up somehow.

What's wrong with Bluefield having some competition. Maybe Pheobus is a little too much for them, but I think someone like Amherst County (near Lynchburg) or Brookville would be good competition for the Beavers. However, I think Pheobus would be a perfect match for the G-Men. Physical vs the extremely weak.

To quote the great one:

9368.jpg?key=1249885948

WRONG!

I KNOW that you probably voted for Morgan Griffith for House of Representatives this past November. I would just like to say to you as well as the rest of Tazewell County. Good Luck because, Griffith is going to do away with Tazewell County and Southwest Virginia. Be careful who you vote for because you might just end up in the gutter!

http://hippiekiller.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/troll.jpg

That seems appropriate.

I can really tell that you're from deep Southwest Virginia because of your sheer ignorance. For your information, Hidden Valley beat Charlotte Country Day. I think the SWVA schedule got it mixed up.

I hate to inform you, Hidden Valley finished 3-6 in 2002...they beat Glenvar, Staunton River, and Greenbrier East in the 2nd matchup when GE played their JV team...fact, not fiction my friend...