Hurley bbd winners

romeo37

Hurley played an awesome game tonight and all the guys did great. But the 2 who should be named New Peoples Bank Players of the week are Thomas Allen and Wesley Peck you 2 played one hell of a game and should be really proud of yourselves your fans Salute you.

Hurley played an awesome game tonight and all the guys did great. But the 2 who should be named New Peoples Bank Players of the week are Thomas Allen and Wesley Peck you 2 played one hell of a game and should be really proud of yourselves your fans Salute you.
I agree both played great....Thomas Allen derserves the game ball on this one....he played great defense and showed great hustle all night. He was the difference tonight.

I believe he did get the game ball after the game everyone was at Pizza Hut and he had it and didnt look like he was gonna be letting go of it anytime soon. lol Peck and Allen saved their best game for one of the biggest of the year. Peck was so thrilled with the win he held the trophies in the air and even when they came in Pizza Hut after the game he still had the trophies in his hand. So happy for these boys, I cheered til I believe I about lost my voice tonight. Great job Hurley now its off to the region d tournament next week.

way to go guys,you all deserved this game.you played with heart,and to my boy thomas man you brought your game tonight,good job .now its time to step up to the next level. dont stop till we reach the top.wooooooooooo

Here is the article that appears in the Bluefield paper today!!!

PILGRIM'S KNOB, Va. — Although there were some different stars, the success continued for the Hurley Rebels in the Black Diamond District. The Rebels added the tournament trophy to their regular season title with a 79-60 win over Honaker in the title tilt.

It wasn’t easy. Honaker came out of the gate quickly and led 20-13 at the end of the first quarter. Using three consecutive baskets by Cory Brown, including a couple of 3’s the Tigers built their largest lead 34-33 with 4:20 to play in the first half.

“We knew Honaker has a good team,†Hurley coach Mark Cooper said. “We knew they would come after us from the start. I kept telling my guys, if we can withstand their initial run and have a lead at halftime we would have a good chance to win the game.â€

Hurley came back with a 30-point second quarter. The Rebels were able to keep it close by having a huge night at the foul line. Hurley was 19-of-20 from the charity stripe in the first half. Wesley Peck and Thomas Allen each made a 3-pointer just before the half to give the Rebels a 43-42 advantage.

“I can’t say enough about how Thomas Allen played,†commented Cooper. “Todd Hurley and Carey Brown came off the bench and played great. This was just a great team win.

“I’ve told them all year long to keep digging, keep playing hard. If you keep working, you will get a chance and tonight they came through.â€

Anytime Honaker (11-9) tried to mount a challenge in the second half, Peck or Allen would drop in a 3 to take the wind out of their sails. The Rebels began to methodically pull away.

Peck (21 points), Tyler Cooper (18), Austin Cooper (17), and Allen (12) were all in double figures for Hurley.

The inside duo of Jeremiah Dye (15 points) and Payton Ball (12) led the Tigers.

Both teams will advance to the Region D playoffs next week.

Hurley (21-3) will be one of the top seeds in Division 1 and will host a yet to be determined opponent on Wednesday.

“We’re peaking at the right time,†stated Cooper. “But it only gets tougher. There won’t be an easy one’s from here on out. Hopefully we can make a run for it.â€

At Twin Valley High School

HONAKER (60)

Davis 1 0-0 3, Ball 5 2-5 12, Hall 3 0-0 6, Brown 4 0-0 11, Dye 6 3-4 15, B. Ray 2 1-2 6, Murphy 2 0-1 4, C. Ray 0 0-1 0, Vandyke 1 1-4 3, Ritchie 0 0-0 0. Totals 24 7-17 60.

HURLEY (79)

Peck 7 4-5 21, A. Cooper 4 9-10 17, Allen 4 1-1 12, Waynick 2 4-4 8, T. Cooper 6 6-7 18, Hensley 0 0-0 0, Brown 1 0-0 2, Charles 0 0-1 0, Hurley 0 0-0 0, Ramey 0 0-0 0, Davis 0 0-0 0, Stacy 0 1-2 1. Totals 24 25-30 79.

Honaker.................................20 22 12 6 — 60

Hurley.....................................13 30 20 18 — 79

3-point goals – Honaker 5 (Davis 1, B. Ray 1, Brown 3), Hurley 6 (Peck 3, Allen 3). Total fouls – Honaker 24, Hurley 18. Fouled out - none. Technicals – none.

Hurley had 4 players in double digits, plus Waynick had 8. Then look at the stats from the line the Rebels went 19-20!!!! That is fundamentals right there and thats what championship teams do. Most teams would had hung their heads and gave up in that first half but not this group. Once they got the lead at the end of the half I told my wife, Honaker is beat, I said Hurley is on a run and plus they play their best ball in the 2nd half. They tend to just finish you off in the 2nd half. Thats the type of killer instinct that it takes to be a champion. You have to be able to only play with the great teams you have to be able to put them away when the game is on the line. Again great job Rebels!!! 21 wins and still counting!!!

I would like to give a big shout out to the BDD tournament hostess Twin Valley High School for their great hospitality. Those Chili Beans and that Pork Barbecue was off the chain!!! Like to thank everyone Janie West, Brian Moore, P. Wade, and even (Ole Tom can throw that ball) Tom Crigger who did a great job announcing and calling everyone out....lol....Besides Hurley winning the tournament the hospitality was the best thing about it. Great job to the whole Twin Valley High School.