So...what's the answer?

Lance

My answer was serious. Spend less than we make. The only way to get into more debt is spending more than we make. I know what my paycheck is, so why would I go buy a Bentley with my 7.25 summer job wage?

yeah you would think that would be a no brainer. I agree with you 100%, just not what I was looking for as far as direction of this thread...my bad on that though I didn't phrase it properly from the onset.

Guest The Variable
all i can figure is that you are not reading or responding to the same stuff I am....i dunno...what i was looking for is a viable alternative to the two party system and the tea party is nothing but a rehash of the gop. Also, it's easy to sit back and take credit for anything...people have been doing so since there was credit to be had I'm sure. Yay Tea Party for all you have done. congrats.

Well, a third party would make things incredibly more political if you ask me. More than that and the whole deal gets worse. We live in a universe that loves eveness and balance. Two sides to a story, black and white, + and -. In the case of congress its a vote yes or a vote no. Undecideds and Presents arent counted. You have a two party system because its easier to figure out where people stand. The Tea Party is trying to create a more accountable party that is fiscally responsible. Democrats are higher taxes and more spending, that is how they balance. Republicans are SUPPOSED to be lower taxes and less spending. Thats how they balance. Instead the GOP is lower taxes and more spending. My dad was a local politician. I grew up following him around listening to the syphocantic dialogue and double speak and backstabbing that embodies the GOP. He didnt last long because he was honest so I have my own issues with the party. I have never registered as a Republican. I would like it to actually stand for what its voters want instead of doing things their way and telling the voters that its what they want.

You arent going to do better than a two party system with idependent availability. You just have to straighten these guys out that you answer to.

As far as taking credit is concerned. Can you honestly say that a balanced budget ammendment or a protest on spending would have happened if November had gone like 2008 or if there was no tea party? If you do...who would have fixed things? The credit falls on the Tea Party.

Edited by The Variable

and my point is that the Tea Party is not a 3rd party...it's just a branch of the gop.

I would rather see the party lines fall and just elect people based upon who is better qualified for the job vs. just which of the two cores they tend to subscribe...which is sadly how many people vote.

Guest The Variable
and my point is that the Tea Party is not a 3rd party...it's just a branch of the gop.

I would rather see the party lines fall and just elect people based upon who is better qualified for the job vs. just which of the two cores they tend to subscribe...which is sadly how many people vote.

I havent seen a Democrat in VA worth voting for...does that make me just as bad because I have always voted Republican or Independent? I felt like taking a shower each time after voting for Cantor.

Even as fiercly independant as we Americans are, we still hang in groups. Its the natural order of things. For better or worse.