Buh Bye Miami

vthokies4life

Do you guys really think they would give the death penalty again? If all these allegations are proven true of course.

No, especially considering the ringleader responsible for it is imprisoned. Plus, the statute of limitations (incorrectly listed by Yahoo as 4 years, when it is 5) would have to be overturned by the "willful violator" bylaw. No program's going to get the "death penalty" on a technicality.

This being said, Miami should get everything but that. Significant reduction of scholarships for 5 years, no bowls for 5 years, no TV coverage for 5 years.

Well, Virginia did too, until the General Assembly got involved. But we've already had that discussion. You're unfairly bashing UNC here, whose problems started AFTER Butch Davis was hired, which we all know happened after the 2006 season, over 2 full years after VT's addition. But don't let facts get in the way of a good bashing now...

I feel that significantly pales in comparison to what two programs knew about and did. Not just one player who was an idiot.

I'm assuming you're talking about Elvis Dumerville and Marcus Vick? (2005 season)

Or maybe you're not and I'm making a jackass of myself.

I feel that significantly pales in comparison to what two programs knew about and did. Not just one player who was an idiot.

I'm assuming you're talking about Elvis Dumerville and Marcus Vick? (2005 season)

Or maybe you're not and I'm making a jackass of myself.

Nah, I wasn't alluding to anything VT did. I was just saying that trying to tie UNC's current problems to their opposition of VT to the ACC is fruitless considering that UNC was in good standing when they made their opposition. Ironic, yes, but not hypocrisy.

Nah, I wasn't alluding to anything VT did. I was just saying that trying to tie UNC's current problems to their opposition of VT to the ACC is fruitless considering that UNC was in good standing when they made their opposition. Ironic, yes, but not hypocrisy.

Then I retract all of my previous statements.

And for what it's worth, it's both heartwarming and sad at the same time. Nice to get a last-laugh against the haters, sad to see the ACC become even more irrelevant.

No, especially considering the ringleader responsible for it is imprisoned. Plus, the statute of limitations (incorrectly listed by Yahoo as 4 years, when it is 5) would have to be overturned by the "willful violator" bylaw. No program's going to get the "death penalty" on a technicality.

This being said, Miami should get everything but that. Significant reduction of scholarships for 5 years, no bowls for 5 years, no TV coverage for 5 years.

what i would do would be take away scholarships for 10 years let miami play their games but win or not it would be a loss for 5 years so they in the acc would be winless then fine the school each year for 5 years 2-3 million a year. and limit the number of kids that can be on a team. basically let them go back to where marshall was after the crash many years ago. in about 5 years let them start with all freshmen on a team.