Cave Spring Blog

tjwitten

I tought they looked fast. See Tim's comment about speed training. Tim Fulton seem to have the program rolling. They play a tough schedule in the RiverRidge (Salem, B-burg, C-burg, Pulaski and Hidden Valley)

I'll try to follow your blog.

I am not a huge CS fan but I live in the CS area and my kids go to school there so I hear plenty about CS football.

With the losses of Woodrum, Cole and Anderson I would have guessed that CS was headed for a .500 season at best. But after seeing how good Kingery looked and seeing Sam Wright run at the scrimmage I am convinced that CS may be able to beat Salem and Pulaski this year.

I think they will have a tough time with CBurg and Northside which will probably force them to travel come playoff time but all in all they are still contenders in R4 IMO.

What's the talk about the Richlands vs. Pulaski game??

I think it will be a heck of a football game between 2 good football programs !

Richlands lost a lot last year but still have a couple of studs and some good athletes. They will be very inexperienced in the D backfield and at wideout but do have some speed at those spots. They just need some game time.

The Blues will run the ball more this year then they have in the past with a big O line and a couple of really good RB's. ( Devon Johnson & Colton Staten )

The D worries me a little more then the O does right now.

But it should be a good game ! Looking forward to it.

I went to the Amherst-LCA game.

I am a Northside fan and wanted to see Amherst before next weeks game.

I still follow CS fairly closely as my #2 team.

You say they looked good against BVille? That's good news.

Did Cave look good on both side of the ball?

Yeah they did, Brookville had to score with less than a minute left and convert for 2 points to win. CS was able to move the sticks and D looks fast on the ball. CS looked gased near the end of the game, it was 80 degrees and many player play both sides sides of the ball. I believe they can win 7 to 8 games this season. Would love to see them beat Salem and Hidden Valley again this year. (I'm from Richlands, we are born hating Salem)

I thought CS looked fast against Floyd last week but I didn't know how that would relate vs better competition. If CS was able to run with Brookville that's a good sign.

Great pics in the other thread by the way.

Edited by Sleepin nuts