Honaker @ Lebanon

BLEACHER COACH

Well i think for once it will be more evenly matched. i have heard that Honaker doesnt have much defense for the pass and this is the first year in awhile that i have saw John Adams pass alot. In all the preseason stuff he has passed a lot. So I dont hink its a definate for either side!

I read Lebanon has won the last 5,from everything I hear and read Honaker should have a real good shot in this one any thoughts?

I read Lebanon has won the last 5,from everything I hear and read Honaker should have a real good shot in this one any thoughts?

Seems both teams have some ??? about their O-Line ... Edge goes to who can keep the pressure off the QB and give him time to hang in and do something with it and which line will open the holes (as with any game i guess) ... Honaker sounds better than BIG RED at the QB position and J.Honaker can flat run the ball, esp when he gets in open space, so if the line can step up and get a push the Tigers may very well get a W ... You never know when the Russell County boys get together, could go either way! Don't think it will be a blowout either way, should be a very competitive ballgame!

I agree one thing i will say is that their QB has changed a lot since last year from soph to jr so i think people will be surprised. Now as for WR for lebanon I know for a fact (i may be a lil bias) that are pretty awesome. One may not get alot of credit but he can catch it wherever it is thrown good or bad. One advantage that Pioneers do have is Heckford I think everyone is going to be surprised. Now Honaker does have the size advantage but Lebanon has some speed. So this is the first year in a long time that i think it will be pretty evenly matched. We will see! I just wish everyone a safe game with no injuries and parents keep their tempers in check!

Seems both teams have some ??? about their O-Line ... Edge goes to who can keep the pressure off the QB and give him time to hang in and do something with it and which line will open the holes (as with any game i guess) ... Honaker sounds better than BIG RED at the QB position and J.Honaker can flat run the ball, esp when he gets in open space, so if the line can step up and get a push the Tigers may very well get a W ... You never know when the Russell County boys get together, could go either way! Don't think it will be a blowout either way, should be a very competitive ballgame!

I agree one thing i will say is that their QB has changed a lot since last year from soph to jr so i think people will be surprised. Now as for WR for lebanon I know for a fact (i may be a lil bias) that are pretty awesome. One may not get alot of credit but he can catch it wherever it is thrown good or bad. One advantage that Pioneers do have is Heckford I think everyone is going to be surprised. Now Honaker does have the size advantage but Lebanon has some speed. So this is the first year in a long time that i think it will be pretty evenly matched. We will see! I just wish everyone a safe game with no injuries and parents keep their tempers in check!

I knew about the Heckford kid being an apparent beast! Good test for Honakers O-Line right off the bat!!! I'm thinking last year was a decent game, not a blowout by any means, Nick Smith was definitely the playmaker in that game, if I remember correctly. This game hasn't seemed as heated in recent times as it used to be. Honaker seems to have more of a rivalry with the likes of Haysi these days. But IMO it's ALWAYS nice to beat the good ole PIONEERS...lol. Agree with the safe game and the parents tempers!!!! I love to see a good ballgame with two teams playing hard, gettin' ALL FIRED UP, but still show good sportmanship!!!!

my thoughts are im glad u are the BLEACHERCOACH AND NOT THE SIDELINECOACH.lol just had to say that.should be a good one and just praying for no injurys from either side.

Honaker at Lebanon

Last meeting: Lebanon 20, Honaker 7 (Aug. 27, 2010 in Lebanon)

Honaker is the favorite to win the Black Diamond District title. The Tigers return nine starters from a 7-5 team, including quarterback Ty Hall and running back Jerod Honaker. … Lebanon rushed for 300 yards in this game last year, but must replace quarterback Nick Smith. …Slick running back Chris Belcher will break some big runs for Lebanon, while defensive tackle Josh Heckford will bring the pain.

Prediction: Lebanon 21, Honaker 7

By: BHC Sports Desk

Published: August 26, 2011

Sorry,I must be among the few that thought Honaker might have a shot this year

Edited by BLEACHER COACH

Honaker at Lebanon

Last meeting: Lebanon 20, Honaker 7 (Aug. 27, 2010 in Lebanon)

Honaker is the favorite to win the Black Diamond District title. The Tigers return nine starters from a 7-5 team, including quarterback Ty Hall and running back Jerod Honaker. … Lebanon rushed for 300 yards in this game last year, but must replace quarterback Nick Smith. …Slick running back Chris Belcher will break some big runs for Lebanon, while defensive tackle Josh Heckford will bring the pain.

Prediction: Lebanon 21, Honaker 7

By: BHC Sports Desk

Published: August 26, 2011

Sorry,I must be among the few that thought Honaker might have a shot this year

Always have a "shot" when you step on the field ... Key is getting the players to believe in that and keep UP... !!!

i guess u might be right bleachercoach.we might move you to the sidelines by game 10 if you continue to improve .

What did you guys think of the Receiver from Lebanon??

The receiver (#23) did have a good game...how many receiving yrds did he have? What surprised me more than anything was the Heckford kid was held in check and really didn't make much noise all night! O-Line did a decent job I think overall...

i guess u might be right bleachercoach.we might move you to the sidelines by game 10 if you continue to improve .

Thanks,but I think I better stick to my day job.I'm not sure my skin is thick enough for the sidelines.Congratulations on the big Win against Lebanon.

Thanks,but I think I better stick to my day job.I'm not sure my skin is thick enough for the sidelines.Congratulations on the big Win against Lebanon.

looks like th bdd is not a easy route for haysi or honaker this yr.sounds like hurley and twin valley are making some big noise.oh and grundy

looks like th bdd is not a easy route for haysi or honaker this yr.sounds like hurley and twin valley are making some big noise.oh and grundy

Has TV really improved that much? Grundy down that much? Evidently the score didn't tell the tale to that game!!!

i think it will be between Hurley and Honaker... Honaker plays at Haysi this year... aka Colley vs Hubbard...AT HAYSI ...it will be tough... and with the new playoff system every game is just as important as district games were last year! Let's focus on Castlewood this week!!!! Hows the Tigers gonna do with them this week.. they whooped up on Haysi last week..!!!! Don't know much on them with the St. Paul boys comin over!