Waaay too early but...

redtiger

I was just looking at the West D1 teams and in my mind thinking who looks like a playoff team, so I tried to make a list; I came up w/ 7 true playoff teams but I have no idea who the other 9 are gonna be.

1-7 in no alphabetical order,

Chilhowie, George Wythe, Honaker, Galax, Clintwood, Castlewood and JI Burton.

Like I said its way too early to say "these teams are gonna make the playoffs" but who are the contenders for the other 9 spots?

As much as I would love to see Haysi in the playoffs, 16 teams per section may be too many. Maybe next cycle we go w/ 8? Quality over quantity, I really dont want VAs playoffs to turn out like KYs or TNs

Edited by redtiger

It will stay 16 I believe, and leave out the option for byes for the top seeds. Games have always been important for D1 teams in trying to win power points, but now games between teams like RC/Northwood, Holston/RC, Twin Springs/PH and Holston/TS will mean even more since that directly effects either of them making the playoffs over the other now.

I really would like more than 8 but the reason I went w/ 8 was to avoid 1st round byes for the top seeds.

Hurley is a playoff team, TW maybe and TS maybe but I wouldnt conside either "strong" playoff teams. I dont know anything about RR

So theres 24 potential teams in Western D1. Only 8 are left out of this bunch:

Radford

Chilhowie

George Wythe

Patrick Henry

Honaker

Auburn

Galax

Rural Retreat

Holston

Clintwood

Bland

East. Mongomery

Haysi

Northwood

Castlewood

JI Burton

Thomas Walker

Narrows

Twin Valley

Twin Springs

Rye Cove

Hurley

Ervinton

and possibly Eastside

6 districts are represented within that bunch. A good chance if you finish last in your district you are going to have a hard time making it. I expect Clintwood and JI Burton to make it so thats 1 less filter. I have no clue about the 3 rivers, but you can probably filter out automatically whoever finishes last in the Hogo, Cumberland, Black Diamond and Mtn. Empire districts. Those last 4 spots of who will be out is what will make those out of district games real compelling right now.

I was just looking at the West D1 teams and in my mind thinking who looks like a playoff team, so I tried to make a list; I came up w/ 7 true playoff teams but I have no idea who the other 9 are gonna be.

1-7 in no alphabetical order,

Chilhowie, George Wythe, Honaker, Galax, Clintwood, Castlewood and JI Burton.

Like I said its way too early to say "these teams are gonna make the playoffs" but who are the contenders for the other 9 spots?

As much as I would love to see Haysi in the playoffs, 16 teams per section may be too many. Maybe next cycle we go w/ 8? Quality over quantity, I really dont want VAs playoffs to turn out like KYs or TNs

I would say add Radford (beat pulaski co. = D4), Rural Retreat, and Hurley right off the top of my head ... that's 10 and the rest of the teams are a crapshoot at this point ...

1inStripes said:
It will stay 16 I believe, and leave out the option for byes for the top seeds. Games have always been important for D1 teams in trying to win power points, but now games between teams like RC/Northwood, Holston/RC, Twin Springs/PH and Holston/TS will mean even more since that directly effects either of them making the playoffs over the other now.

Its sad when the official in the end zone called pass interference on Northwood when the corner made one of the best defensive plays of the night for Northwood. Even the side official on Northwood's sideline said it was a great defensive play, the officials wouldn't change the call. Let the players decide the outcome, not the officials.

Its sad when the short pot bellied guy in the end zone called pass interference on Northwood when the corner made one of the best defensive plays of the night for Northwood. Even the side official on Northwood's sideline said it was a great defensive play, the officials wouldn't change the call. Who grades such bogus calls???? This was a fourth and 11 play that really cost Northwood the game. I saw the play on tape and would be glad to show it to who assigns these officials. Let the players decide the outcome, not the officials.

The coaches can fill a game report out after each game that is sent to the commissioner. What was the time left in the game and score when this happened?