Good read about Beamer's start at VT

bhs7695

I tried to buy a couple this morning for the one day-25% off sale and the shipments of those shirts weren't coming in until 3 p.m. That was stoopid!

I ordered mine last week. Should be here tomorrow. Also got my "Sucks to be U" shirt yesterday. Pretty pumped. Lol

Do not like VT at all, but always thought that Coach Beamer was a class guy. He's gonna have to beef up that schedule though.

It gets "Beefier" from starting next year. Alabama next year. Pitt, Cincy, Ohio St., Wisconsin.

It gets "Beefier" from starting next year. Alabama next year. Pitt, Cincy, Ohio St., Wisconsin.

Im so sick of Alabama bandwagoners, I may have to pull for VT to beat them next year. Hey Blue in Bama, I know you're loyal Alabama fan, I dont mean you. Im speaking of the people who had Gator tags on their cars and now have Bama tags. We play Cincy this year, worries me. Hell, Montana worries me.

Do not like VT at all, but always thought that Coach Beamer was a class guy.

Nicely done. You actually said something pertinent to the topic of this thread. And I agree. Beamer is a class guy.

He's gonna have to beef up that schedule though.

As for this, just shut up. We've been through it all in excruciating detail. Do us a favor and put this statement in one of the hundreds of threads we've already created about VT's strength of schedule.

According to SEC fans, every single football conference in America that isn't the SEC plays a weak schedule. If you're not in the SEC, your schedule shouldn't count unless you play at least three SEC teams any given year. And it can't be Miss St. Vandy, and Kentucky in the same season. You're only allowed to play one of those three each year.

Hell, let's just criticize an NFL schedule as being weak compared to an SEC schedule.

Edited by bhs7695

According to SEC fans, every single football conference in America that isn't the SEC plays a weak schedule. If you're not in the SEC, your schedule shouldn't count unless you play at least three SEC teams any given year. And it can't be Miss St. Vandy, and Kentucky in the same season. You're only allowed to play one of those three each year.

Hell, let's just criticize an NFL schedule as being weak compared to an SEC schedule.

No, not what I said. Tenn's OOC schedule other than Cincy is very weak this year. But, when your conference schedule is tough, it kinda balances out. We still have to go to Fla, Ala, and Ark. With home games vs Georgia, LSU, and South Carolina. It should be and probably will be to MOST VT fans a dissapointment to not go undefeated into the ACCCG this year. I know these schedules are made years in advance, but my God, come on man. They're racking up alot of wins over much inferior opponents and then when they play the big boys, the top ranked teams, they lay an egg. I realize that it is a big deal to play Alabama, Boise St, USC, every once in a while, but how about beating one of them. Anyway, didnt try to start an argument, but VT will not become a national power beating up on the Arkansas States of the world, and getting pummeled in BCS games. Very good program, respected coach and all that. Please dont take these comments out of context.

No, you DID try to start an argument, and you succeeded. This is a thread about Beamer and his 25th year as head coach. Take your schedule comments elsewhere.

As far as that goes, I do wonder where VT football would be today if that 1993 season hadn't panned out well. Many Hokies forget just how close VT was to canning him after the 1992 campaign...

As far as that goes, I do wonder where VT football would be today if that 1993 season hadn't panned out well. Many Hokies forget just how close VT was to canning him after the 1992 campaign...

I know it. This article is also interesting because it shows the thought process as to why they even asked Beamer to coach in the first place. So many variables, lucky breaks, etc. to get where we are today.

Beamer still credits the biggest coaching hire he made in his 25 years in Blacksburg was the decision to bring Phil Elmassian from Syracuse at the end of the 1992 season. That hire changed the way VT would play defense from the wide-tackle six to the 4-3.

No, you DID try to start an argument, and you succeeded. This is a thread about Beamer and his 25th year as head coach. Take your schedule comments elsewhere.

This may come as a suprise to you, but you're right. So, with that being said, Congratulations to Coach Beamer. Like I said, he's a class act. Ive never heard him make an excuse, or make an ass of himself. When I saw how Lane Kiffin acted towards him, that sealed the deal on LK for me. Beamer is VT, their lucky to have him.

Beamer still credits the biggest coaching hire he made in his 25 years in Blacksburg was the decision to bring Phil Elmassian from Syracuse at the end of the 1992 season. That hire changed the way VT would play defense from the wide-tackle six to the 4-3.

That move changed the entire history of your program, TBH.