What would you be .......

Big Orange 1

satisfied with for your college team.

I was talking with a Hokie fan the other day and this discussion came up. Obviously we all want to be in, and win the BCS Championship. With what I as a Tenn fan with the youth and coaching changes yada, yada, yada, is about 8 wins with maybe a shocker over Florida, LSU, or Alabama, and a decent bowl game.

I guess how this got brought up, and why I'm asking you guys, is yet another ACC Championship satisfying to the VT faithful. Dont get me wrong, this in no way is a post comparing conferences or anything. But VT has seemingly owned the ACC, and thats proof that they are a NC contender, but is another conf. title and a berth in the Orange or Sugar enough? Or, is a NC what it takes to satisfy VT fans.

Before I get bashed, this is just a question. VT is leaps and bounds ahead of UT for the last several years, I realize that. Just friendly discussion.

I think there are four things that complete some spectrum between "appreciate" and "satisfy".

ACC Championship/Orange Bowl berth <-------> Orange Bowl win <---------> NC berth <------->NC Win

Appreciate <-------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Satisfied

So I guess what I'm saying is that I can appreciate the fact that we're the top of the ACC, but I don't think I will be satisfied until we have that crystal football. That's just me though.

Im always tickled for the Hokies winning the Acc.

But id like to see them do more

Beamer is 67 time is running out.Hes a great coach,but is too loyal to his coaches.my opinon they need too bring in an Nfl Offence Coordinator to run the offence.Last year orange bowl they were out coached,out played.Didnt have a second halve game plan.Cannot beat a top ten team.

SAd but true.I know Stinespring is no longer callin plays but he is still the oc.

For me as a UVA fan, I would be pleased to win 8+ every year consistently. I would be satisfied with an ACC Championship. But this is an ever-evolving spectrum. You think you'd be satisfied when you first get what you want, but you're never not. You win 1 NC, you'd be "satisfied" with 2 and are just pleased with 1.

Beating the $hit out of UT in a bowl game...again...so maybe their chicken$hit fans would shut the h3ll up for a couple of weeks...

Well, I'll have to admit you'd be better off playing a 6 win UT team. Lord knows you cant beat the Boises', Alabamas', USCs' and the like. Go ahead, hang your hat on beating a 6 win Lane Kiffin Tenn team, win your 10-11 games against what has to be one of the top 10 easiest schedules in the nation this year and enjoy having the hell beat out of you again by a Stanford like team.

What has any Tenn fan said on here? What makes Tenn fans chickensh*^?

Nobody has said anything about Tenn. I havent said a word about their first two wins, I know we havent played a top notch team. I think we looked good against Cincy, but may get throttled at Florida.

Speaking of being chickensh*&, I guess you'll delete this post because I said something negative about the precious hokies. Remember, like you did last year.

Edited by Big Orange 1

I thought this was a friendly discussion? I would take UT over VT this year.

It was, I thought. Im still trying to find out who has been running their mouth about Tenn and why Tenn fans are chickensh*&. I will say this in my defense, I'm not a Peyton Manning Vols fan. I started going in the early 80's and rarely, if ever, miss a home game.

Sorry this thread, which , HONEST TO GOD was started with best of intentions has turned south. I'm not going to argue, VT as I stated in the first post has been leaps and bounds ahead of UT.

Im still trying to find out who has been running their mouth about Tenn and why Tenn fans are chickensh*&.

Take a look in the mirror, Mr. Backhandslap.

Anyway, if I were you I wouldn't go beating my chest about a win over Cincinnati...they'll be lucky to win 5 games in the Big East this year...

Take a look in the mirror, Mr. Backhandslap.

Anyway, if I were you I wouldn't go beating my chest about a win over Cincinnati...they'll be lucky to win 5 games in the Big East this year...

Please quote me on what I've said about Tennessee beating Cincy.

UT vs Florida will be the first true test. Tech will never get a true test because who do they play? I'm surprised they haven't scheduled Dobyns Bennett yet.

They'd rather play Rye Cove...D-B is too tough...