Notre Dame . . . .

Big Orange 1

I'm embarassed to call myself an Irish fan right now. Should have won that game, but they played so sloppy and just couldn't keep the ball. Maybe they'll have another sub par season highlighted by some late season upset like they've done here recently. I think that's one of the reasons they continue to get ranked every year, because it sure isn't because of the way they play.

I'm embarassed to call myself an Irish fan right now. Should have won that game, but they played so sloppy and just couldn't keep the ball. Maybe they'll have another sub par season highlighted by some late season upset like they've done here recently. I think that's one of the reasons they continue to get ranked every year, because it sure isn't because of the way they play.

They get ranked every year because the Lou Holtzs' and Mike Golicks' of the world go goo goo over them. Holtz said last night that they will still win 10 games and go to a BCS bowl. They wont turning the ball over 5 times a game Lou, sorry. Every kid that commits to them is a 5 star, until they lose a game. When they lose its because they cant recruit good players because of their academic standards.

Guest The Variable

They are ranked because of their legacy. ND football is the identity of college football. Even the most detached person thinks of Rudy and the irish fight song or the hail mary when the mere mention of college football is brought up.

The problem is, that's not ND anymore. As an irish fan, I want a meaningful bowl trip as much the next O'donnell. We aren't going to do it by having the standard set to levels Alabama U would have problems meeting. Last night I cursed at the TV. I haven't lost composure over a football game since the Cowboys beat the 49ers in 93 to go to the superbowl. I was 10. ND blew it big time. They let a fast kid with medeocre quarterbacking skills pass the ball on them. NDs first two drives were brilliant because the ball was being spread around. Then Tommy just kept throwing to floyd, resulting in two picks in the Q2. He was PERFECT in the first with 12 passes. Clock management was abysmal and then the defense blows a prevent defense. How the hell do you do that?

Incredible. Or as I put it last night, "Unf***ingbelievable".

Edited by The Variable

They are ranked because of their legacy. ND football is the identity of college football. Even the most detached person thinks of Rudy and the irish fight song or the hail mary when the mere mention of college football is brought up.

Wow, no. Not at all, actually.

The problem is, that's not ND anymore. As an irish fan, I want a meaningful bowl trip as much the next O'donnell. We aren't going to do it by having the standard set to levels Alabama U would have problems meeting. Last night I cursed at the TV. I haven't lost composure over a football game since the Cowboys beat the 49ers in 93 to go to the superbowl. I was 10. ND blew it big time. They let a fast kid with medeocre quarterbacking skills pass the ball on them. NDs first two drives were brilliant because the ball was being spread around. Then Tommy just kept throwing to floyd, resulting in two picks in the Q2. He was PERFECT in the first with 12 passes. Clock management was abysmal and then the defense blows a prevent defense. How the hell do you do that?

Incredible.

I agree with all this.

Guest The Variable
Wow, no. Not at all, actually.

ND is the most easily recognizable college football team. And while you do have the golic and holtz homers, those guys don't get you national tv contracts. Influence is where you find it.

ND is the most easily recognizable college football team. And while you do have the golic and holtz homers, those guys don't get you national tv contracts. Influence is where you find it.

I don't think ND is the most easily recognizable team. I'd put Alabama over them at least. Maybe 3-4 others.