Wild and not so Wonderful...

Lance

Yeah you guys were right about Mt. View...place was a mess. Grundy snuck out of there with a 27-24 win somehow. Mt. View had at least 2 TD's over 90 yards. Not saying the flags were flying in error, but on the final drive Mt. View was down by 3 and twice got a first down without running a play? wtf? Even at that they ended up4th and 16 from about the 35 or so and Grundy was able to hold on. I thought it was bad at the swamp this time of year...but, this place was 10x worse.

now Grundy at Appamattox...oh joy.

I rember back in 1988 cburg played grundy for the region IV title. the field had about an inch of water on it and muddy. but that didn't stop cburg from pulling out the victory. and it didn't rain all week so don't be complaining about an "ugly" field. good luck in the playoffs

I rember back in 1988 cburg played grundy for the region IV title. the field had about an inch of water on it and muddy. but that didn't stop cburg from pulling out the victory. and it didn't rain all week so don't be complaining about an "ugly" field. good luck in the playoffs

yeah but we watered that down...this was just a legit mess.

lol.

Yeah you guys were right about Mt. View...place was a mess. Grundy snuck out of there with a 27-24 win somehow. Mt. View had at least 2 TD's over 90 yards. Not saying the flags were flying in error, but on the final drive Mt. View was down by 3 and twice got a first down without running a play? wtf? Even at that they ended up4th and 16 from about the 35 or so and Grundy was able to hold on. I thought it was bad at the swamp this time of year...but, this place was 10x worse.

now Grundy at Appamattox...oh joy.

I actually like the trip out to Appomattox. It's just loooonnnnggggggggggg...

Uh, yeah, it takes longer than 3.5 hours to get from Grundy to Appomatox...

Very baffling if true.

takes me 3.5 to get there from Abingdon according to Google...so i guess Grundy is at least a 5 hour trip if they take a charter...if they roll a school bus then who knows how long that might take???

9-1 Dogwood champs coming off a 23-20 win in William Campbell's house,so they're no slouch no doubt

You know...before the season started, no one thought Grundy would win 2 games this year. Some said 0-10 was not out of the question. Of all things possible a 6-4 year wasn't one of them....but, somehow they did it. I don't know what will happen out there, but I know my boys won't quit and that's all I can ask. Either way, it's been a good year. Hope for the best and see how it goes.

You know...before the season started, no one thought Grundy would win 2 games this year. Some said 0-10 was not out of the question. Of all things possible a 6-4 year wasn't one of them....but, somehow they did it. I don't know what will happen out there, but I know my boys won't quit and that's all I can ask. Either way, it's been a good year. Hope for the best and see how it goes.

We were told we'd go 1-9 if not winless,and have been written off this Saturday at Wilson Memorial,but there's a reason that you play the games,and I told some of our kids that the whole solar system could write them off,but at the end of the day it would be them alone who decides whether they'll live to fight another day or not. I also shared the Jonesville story with them to show them that it has been done before.

We were told we'd go 1-9 if not winless,and have been written off this Saturday at Wilson Memorial,but there's a reason that you play the games,and I told some of our kids that the whole solar system could write them off,but at the end of the day it would be them alone who decides whether they'll live to fight another day or not. I also shared the Jonesville story with them to show them that it has been done before.

just looking them over...they have been in a bunch of close games this year, they don't look to be very big size wise but they look to have a lot of speed, Gretna almost beat them a couple of weeks ago, they are 1-4 overall in the playoffs since 1999, they are avg about 34 points per game and giving up about 20+ looks like...so...i dunno...on paper they are 9-1 but they don't seem to be a "Richlands" type of 9-1 team. In fact they have only beaten 2 teams this year that had a winning record?

Grundy can play physical ball when they want to...so...that's all they can really do, show up and hit....and hope.

just looking them over...they have been in a bunch of close games this year, they don't look to be very big size wise but they look to have a lot of speed, Gretna almost beat them a couple of weeks ago, they are 1-4 overall in the playoffs since 1999, they are avg about 34 points per game and giving up about 20+ looks like...so...i dunno...on paper they are 9-1 but they don't seem to be a "Richlands" type of 9-1 team. In fact they have only beaten 2 teams this year that had a winning record?

Grundy can play physical ball when they want to...so...that's all they can really do, show up and hit....and hope.

http://www.wilsonmemorialgreenhornets.com/football/schedule

also, if not for a blown call on a fumble you guys wouldn't have won that game. Ashby was down and the whistle blew but somehow after the play it was ruled a fumble...never did understand that call...i've got it on video actually...I will scan that one in and post it up some time, it speaks for itself.

how's recruiting going for the wrestling team this year? You guys pick up any more state champs from around the USA?

also, if not for a blown call on a fumble you guys wouldn't have won that game. Ashby was down and the whistle blew but somehow after the play it was ruled a fumble...never did understand that call...i've got it on video actually...I will scan that one in and post it up some time, it speaks for itself.

how's recruiting going for the wrestling team this year? You guys pick up any more state champs from around the USA?

lol im sure they picked up quite a few state champs,atleast we got home grown talent in grundy