Korren Kirven recruiting Brookville

the watcher

Last I heard, VT leads for Kirven's services, and should probably land the big fella.

However, Kirven has made multiple unofficial visits to Knoxville, so the Vols have an outside chance.

Vols fan here :D and I enjoy following Tennessee recruiting. Kirven's a name that has been around for a good while now.

Afraid not. UT started a converted TE and DE at DT this year. They have no DT's on the roster

Mo Couch nor Malik Jackson ever played TE that I know of. However, we truly have no real DT's on our roster. We have a couple already committed though..the most notable is Danny O'Brien out of Michigan. Kid's a beast.

Mo Couch nor Malik Jackson ever played TE that I know of. However, we truly have no real DT's on our roster. We have a couple already committed though..the most notable is Danny O'Brien out of Michigan. Kid's a beast.

Mo Couch will be a player next season, and to go with O'Brien, we'll also have JUCO Damien Jacobs coming in. UT still needs those big boys up front though. Former Bammer Darringon Sentimore may be in K-ville, also.

We won't turn down Kirven by any means, and I would love to see 2 JUCO's and 2 frosh. Instant turnaround at a position of big need. Just can't see where VT loses him though.

Afraid not. UT started a converted TE and DE at DT this year. They have no DT's on the roster

Didn't we have 2 DE's slide inside, actually? Malik and Corey Miller?

Can't place the former TE right off, either, but wasn't Hood a converted O-lineman?

Didn't we have 2 DE's slide inside, actually? Malik and Corey Miller?

Can't place the former TE right off, either, but wasn't Hood a converted O-lineman?

Hood came in as a TE and worked there his first year. The funny thing is, is that the "TE" is the only one over 300 lbs. I hope they can keep Jacobs and O'Brien looks like the kind of mean s.o.b. they've been lacking. Adding Sentimore and Autry would be the best DL haul at UT in several years.

Autry has called UT his leader for some time now but he is taking some OV's in the coming weeks. He and Jacobs are playing in the JUCO Nat'l Championship this weekend. Autry has us and Miss in his final 2. With Mullen likely headed to PSU I like our chances of getting him. Sentimore would be huge but I don't think we get him for some reason...would love it if we do. O'Brien and Santos have become good friends and talk often. Those are my 2 favorite pick ups so far. I just really hope we get an SEC caliber RB in this class...I know we picked up that speed kid from Georgia this week but I want a 6'0 200# speedster...like Trent Richardson type kid. Hard to come by but that's what we need. Patterson would add another very legitimate threat at WR and I think we definitely get him. Can you imagine having Hunter, Rogers AND Patterson? WOULD.BE.HUGE.

Autry has called UT his leader for some time now but he is taking some OV's in the coming weeks. He and Jacobs are playing in the JUCO Nat'l Championship this weekend. Autry has us and Miss in his final 2. With Mullen likely headed to PSU I like our chances of getting him. Sentimore would be huge but I don't think we get him for some reason...would love it if we do. O'Brien and Santos have become good friends and talk often. Those are my 2 favorite pick ups so far. I just really hope we get an SEC caliber RB in this class...I know we picked up that speed kid from Georgia this week but I want a 6'0 200# speedster...like Trent Richardson type kid. Hard to come by but that's what we need. Patterson would add another very legitimate threat at WR and I think we definitely get him. Can you imagine having Hunter, Rogers AND Patterson? WOULD.BE.HUGE.

Dont forget Drae Bowles