Grundy @ Forest Park Duals Woodbridge Va

Lance

the MP score was wrong.... I have no clue who won that one

it was a tie 36-36 and Grundy won by the tiebreaker, most pins by team.

Grundy and MP both have kids missing from this that would normally be there...should be interesting at State.

my understanding was 113 was a fft win for MP, when it was actually a double fft.

This is the best I could come up with...

113 - double forfeit

120 - Austin Compton (G) dec. Ember Gaitan (MP-2nd), 2-1 (3-0)

126 - Kent Cadle (MP-1st) pin. Dylan Raines (G), 0:30 ish (3-6)

132 - Justin Street (G-4th) pin. Marvin Escobar (MP-4th), 1:30 ish (9-6)

138 - Trey Smith (G) pin. Gardner (MP), 5:48 ish (15-6)

145 - ??? (MP) WBF (15-12) . . . (Channing Elswick at home taking the SAT)

152 - ??? (MP) pin. Jamie Looney (G), 1:34 (15-18)

160 - Osmin Flores (MP-6) pin. Jordan McCowan (G), 5:50 (15-24)

170 - Tyler McClanahan (G-1st) pin. Marsalis Carlos (MP-5th), 0:22 (21-24)

182 - Tyler Wagner (MP) WBF (21-30)

195 - Kensey Hankins (G) pin. Kevin Gonzalez (MP-2), 5:45 ish (27-30)

220 - Jake McCowan (G) dec. ?? (MP), 7-3 (30-30)

HWT - . Torres (MP) pin. Adam Hibbitts (G), 5:55 (30-36)

. . . (Dalton Cox out with hand injury)

106 - Austin Hurley (G) pin. Gilbert Rodriguez (MP-3), ??? (36-36)

Grundy - 5 pins, 2 dec. = 7 wins

M. Park - 4 pins, 2 ffts. = 6 wins

lost to AAA Forest Park...not sure of the score yet...note that Grundy is giving up 18 points each round for empty weight classes...so they are starting out 18 points in the hole and still beating AAA teams, Private Schools, and MP....not bad for the first weekend of the season.

word on the state board is basically that the MP state placers weren't the kids we beat... they were out due to SATs or weight (their fb season just ended last weekend)

Grundy is running short handed as well...still, for the first weekend they are doing pretty good.

That's why i say should be interesting when state rolls around to see what happens with these two.

Well I guess your understanding was wrong, wasn't it ELLIOTT?? You shouldn't talk about things you don't understand. Being from Grundy yourself YOU shouldn't criticize people from Grundy. You got in trouble for this last year for the same thing, think you would have learned your lesson already. Be a Grundy FAN not a Grundy HATER!

my understanding was what it was... the person I heard it from wasn't clear, and I wasn't the only one who didn't understand what was said... check the state board.

Now, fill us in... who did I criticize, and when? And what trouble?

What state board?? A certain someone corrected you in the stands last year at the State Tournament about hiding behind a computer screen talking trash. There you have it...now you remember? Like I said before, being from Grundy you need to be a fan and not a hater.

"What state board?? "

Okay... forget that... we're talking about 2 different things.

I was talking about what was already being talked about in this thread... you're talking about something that happened 10 months ago which was based on something that happened 20 months ago.

corrected?

hiding?

talking trash ????

How can I be "hiding" when ppl. on the boards use my name in the open & when I have my name on my site (and have for over 10 years)?

"corrected" me?

I got an earful about how Grundy should've went to A years ago, and I told him I agreed with that, and I asked him one question, which he wouldn't answer. Just kept on and on about A, like I had something to do with it.

I asked the question agian, and again, and never got an answer. Guess it was something HE didn't understand.

talking trash"????

you've been hitting the egg nog, haven't you?

1 more thing... this is how "corrected" works... person A says something, person B, who knows the facts/reality, says you were wrong... like this...

GRUNDY WILL NEVER SEE SINGLE A.

you were wrong.

Edited by VHSLhelper

now... getting back to the original topic...

The team scores were just posted, and it looks like it's set up pretty much like Brookville's duals... two 6-team pods, so you have 5 matches & then a placement match. Here's the results from our pod ...

Round 1

Forest Park 42, Manassas Park 42 (Forest Park wins 8th Criteria)

Annandale 45, Woodbridge 25

Grundy 57, Woodberry Forest 6

Round 2

Forest Park 42, Annandale 28

Grundy 36, Manassas Park 36 (Grundy wins 4th Criteria)

Woodbridge 53, Woodberry Forest 21

Round 3

Forest Park 54, Woodbridge 24

Grundy 39, Annandale 36

Manassas Park 48, Woodberry Forest 9

Round 4

Forest Park 50, Woodberry Forest 19

Grundy 44, Woodbridge 36

Annandale 42, Manassas Park 33

Round 5

Forest Park 64, Grundy 18

Annandale 63, Woodberry Forest 18

Manassas Park 58, Woodbridge 15

"actual" standings :

Forest Park 4-0-1

Grundy 3-1-1

Annandale 3-2

Manassas Park 2-1-2

Woodbridge 1-4

Woodberry Forest 0-5

2nd in the pod meant we wrestled for 3rd/4th :

Brentsville 50, Grundy 28

thanks... couldn't think of the word.

The Brentsville District Tigers are from just outside of Manassas in Nokesville. They were a powerful A team but got bumped up to AA a few years back. They were top 2 for 12 straight years ...won state in '93, 94, 96, 99, 01, 02 & 03, came in 2nd in 90, 92, 95, 97, 98 & 2000, and was 5th in 89 & 91.

They had a tough time getting out of Region II to state. They finally made top 10 with a 5th in '06 & 9th in 08.

Edited by VHSLhelper

thanks... couldn't think of the word.

The Brentsville District Tigers are from just outside of Manassas in Nokesville. They were a powerful A team but got bumped up to AA a few years back. They were top 2 for 12 straight years ...won state in '93, 94, 96, 99, 01, 02 & 03, came in 2nd in 90, 92, 95, 97, 98 & 2000, and was 5th in 89 & 91.

They had a tough time getting out of Region II to state. They finally made top 10 with a 5th in '06 & 9th in 08.

ok...i know who it is now...thanks...i was thinking it was one of the DC schools in NOVA...duh...should have just hit up google lol.