Roe V Wade and the Prez

bucfan64

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-defends-roe-v-wade-way-our-daughters-have-same-chance-sons-fulfill-their-dreams

Interesting quote by the Prez.

“As we mark the 39th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, we must remember that this Supreme Court decision not only protects a woman’s health and reproductive freedom, but also affirms a broader principle: that government should not intrude on private family matters,” Obama said. “I remain committed to protecting a woman’s right to choose and this fundamental constitutional right."

I find the segment of the comment which states ,"...government should not intrude on private family matters.." somewhat laughable, considering the intrusive attacks on individual liberty that this this President continues to promote!

Thoughts?

Edited by bucfan64

He's promoting something that's been around for 40 years. I think it was said well enough.

Really? He's upholding a bastardized reading of "due process" by stating that the government should not intrude into family matters...by glorifying an instance where the government did EXACTLY that.

Really? He's upholding a bastardized reading of "due process" by stating that the government should not intrude into family matters...by glorifying an instance where the government did EXACTLY that.

I think that was the lesson learned from that instance.