Brookville Duals

VHSLhelper

8 teams were scheduled, but Martinsville didn't show up, so a "B"andits team made up of kids from all the schools took their plsce.

Grundy went 3-1 in our pod, losing 46-34 to Jefferson Forest (which means we tied them in on-the-mat action).

Brookville won the other pod, with Appomattox finishing 2nd.

Now comes the fun part... since Brkv & Jeff already were scheduled for a match this Wed., they decided to make THAT the title match, instead of going at it twice in 5 days.

THEN, instead of Grundy vs. Appomattox Co. for 3rd (wouldn't THAT have been cool!), they decided to switch things around so Brkv & Jeff got another match in... Jeff killed Appo and we beat Brkv. 34-31. So I guess we finished tied for 3rd???

http://www2.newsadvance.com/sports/2012/jan/22/cavaliers-bees-settle-brookville-duals-final-wedne-ar-1629922/

Another interesting tidbit from Sat. is that Poquoson was at a tourney in Lebanon & finished behind RR, Wythe and Richlands.

B&J said we only gave up 2.... I've been under the impression for a couple of weeks that we had a starter out somewhere for somethimg. Only listened to about the last 10 minutes of Jeff and just caught the wrap on Brkv on the way back from the store.

Oh, and Cb had their Big Blue, too. Franklin Co. didn't do well on Sat. & finished 4th, but 152 Soph. Justin Altice beat Grayson Toler of Abingdon 6-4 in the finals. They'll be in Vinton this weekend... should be a good 'n'.

B&J said we only gave up 2.... I've been under the impression for a couple of weeks that we had a starter out somewhere for somethimg. Only listened to about the last 10 minutes of Jeff and just caught the wrap on Brkv on the way back from the store.

they gave up 3...have been for a while now. not sure if we will have a full load for state yet or not.

182 slot has been vacant all year. I believe the 152 if that's the right weight he got hurt at the Bobby Bates tournment. Ribs I believe. The kid has some heart. I saw him win a match and I'm here to tell the kid was in a great deal of pain.

Another interesting tidbit from Sat. is that Poquoson was at a tourney in Lebanon & finished behind RR, Wythe and Richlands.

That's a long way from the days of Mike Akers, Jacob Inge and Victor Jackson huh?