I Got Out of PA at the Right Time:

Deleted Account

http://news.yahoo.com/penn-judge-muslims-allowed-attack-people-insulting-mohammad-210000330.html

Two inaccuracies. One, Martin is a "judge" in title only. He's a magistrate, which is pretty much the floor sweepers on the legal chain. Two, Martin is not Muslim.

Note 1: this was in the county I practiced.

Note 2: no matter your opinion on Islam, you absolutely cannot do this. It goes against every single Constitutional mandate in the books.

http://news.yahoo.com/penn-judge-muslims-allowed-attack-people-insulting-mohammad-210000330.html

Two inaccuracies. One, Martin is a "judge" in title only. He's a magistrate, which is pretty much the floor sweepers on the legal chain. Two, Martin is not Muslim.

Note 1: this was in the county I practiced.

Note 2: no matter your opinion on Islam, you absolutely cannot do this. It goes against every single Constitutional mandate in the books.

If I were this guy I'd appeal this. This "judge" is obviously nuts and needs to be removed from office, no matter how low he is on the food chain.

"It should be noted that another atheist, dressed as a Zombie Pope, was marching beside the Zombie Muhammad. No outraged Catholics attacked him."

I wonder if any Catholics were even there?

I'm positive there were. Southern PA is not like SWVA, where 90% of the people are Protestant (a reasonable guess). Sizable Catholic populations in the Northeast.

If I were this guy I'd appeal this. This "judge" is obviously nuts and needs to be removed from office, no matter how low he is on the food chain.

I agree. There are legal aid societies and clinics that are going to practically beg to take this on.

Edited by UVAObserver

I'm positive there were. Southern PA is not like SWVA, where 90% of the people are Protestant (a reasonable guess). Sizable Catholic populations in the Northeast.

I know, I was just thinking that since no one got offended enough to do something newsworthy like the Muslim guy, there must not have been any there.....or maybe Catholics there are just soft, lol.