Tazewell-Princeton, Part II

GMan

The kid is the real deal.....about 10 or so mlb scouts were there.....consistently was throwing 91 and hit 93 according to the one I talked briefly to. There question was the same as mine throw....why throw a kid with as bright a future as he has that many pitches this early in the season.

The kid is the real deal.....about 10 or so mlb scouts were there.....consistently was throwing 91 and hit 93 according to the one I talked briefly to. There question was the same as mine throw....why throw a kid with as bright a future as he has that many pitches this early in the season.

To be honest, this probably isn't "early" in the season for him. I can about bet he has been to a couple camps among other things before this season. Either way, Lou knows more about baseball than I or most others on this board do so I'd trust his decisions over others.

Even though he pitched the whole game, he didnt throw that many pitches. For example, the first inning he only threw 7-8 pitches.

Do you know what the pitch count was? I heard 117 after the game.

Do you know what the pitch count was? I heard 117 after the game.

Meh, sour grapes...

They had a nice highlight of your son striking out vs. Waz on WVVA...

Meh, sour grapes...

They had a nice highlight of your son striking out vs. Waz on WVVA...

Yep saw it....more than once lol.....made him watch it last night with me....he was consistent....1st AB K.....2nd AB K....3rd AB K

Yep saw it....more than once lol.....made him watch it last night with me....he was consistent....1st AB K.....2nd AB K....3rd AB K

Reminds me of my days playing against Tazewell, though I was lucky enough only to go 0-fer once. Just once. And the time I did was in the Coppinger Tournament, where a fly that I hit ended up being WVVA's "Play of the Day" after the Tazewell CF made a diving snow-cone catch.