Grundy Wrestling Camp 2012

Lance

Grundy Wrestling Club will have its annual Wrestling Camp July 23-27.

Location: Grundy Wrestling Club Gym (across from the Anchorage Shopping Center up on the hill)

Pre-k - 2nd 9:00 am - 10:00 am ,

3rd-6th 10:30-12:00 ,

Middle School and High school 1:00 pm-4:00pm

Once again, Wade Schalles will headline the event.

Anyone is welcome to attend, free of charge. Shorts, gym shoes, and a t-shirt are fine.

This is one of the best things that happens in Grundy, they bring in some of the top instructors in the nation every year to help give kids a better foundation to build their wrestling skills. If you are serious about wrestling, this is a must attend event.

Last year I took my 3 year old, and to be honest I probably should have waited another year and let him get a year of Pre-School under his belt before I got him started...but in Grundy if you are old enough to crawl, you are old enough to wrestle...so...I did it.

My kid had the time of his life though and all of the kids that were there helping out and the coaches were so nice and encouraging. My son has asked me every day since when I picked him up from Pre-School "Dad is it time to go to wrestling camp now?"...that is the kind of atmosphere and long term impression that just an hour or two a day for a week has left on my son. He loved it. I would encourage any parent to take the time and effort to make sure your kids have the opportunity to experience this camp if at all possible. It's worth it to me to get up every morning and make the almost 2 hour drive with my kid each way from Abingdon, so those in the Grundy/Hurley/Twin Valley areas should really take advantage of this if you can.

If you have any questions or need more info, please let me know or post here and I will make sure you get your answers.